HRC victory over lacklustre KTM

Oh look, another KTM troll bait thread, how original.

Since its all about the bikes, I couldn't help thinking how wildly inconsistent the Honda bikes are. One is fast and the rest are total duds! I think Honda has some real quality control problems going on- would be scary to buy one not knowing if you're going to win your championship or get 12th!

Exactly.  This is why arguing bikes is retarded.

If we really want to show how bad Honda is....it was 2001-2010 or so when KTM was considered the biggest joke in the history of riding.

They started winning championships what, 3 years later, all while completely redesigning the engine, chassis, and  suspension?

From "scrap" to championship bikes in less than 3 years.

Honda went from "the best" to not winning a large bike championship now for 13 years?  IF they take it this year, it will be 13 years.

That's a pretty pathetic showing from the "best bikes in the world" to go from winning to being beaten handily by every other manufacturer for 13 years (and possibly more if they don't take it this year!)    Haha!    That's some mighty fine machine there.    

(See how stupid this crap is?)

Edited by DethWshBkr_
  • Like 4

All racers/manufacturers/things go in cycles of highs and lows.

To pretend its anything but temporary for ANYthing is delusional, otherwise - Suzuki and Ricky Carmichael would still be on top. Or is it Honda and McGrath, or Kawasaki and Villopoto, or Yamaha and Bob Hannah.

What is indeed stupid is how people get glossy eyes and hard ons when thinking their "thing" is, has been, and always will be the best ever.

My thing definitely is the best ever

Exactly. This is why arguing bikes is retarded.

If we really want to show how bad Honda is....it was 2001-2010 or so when KTM was considered the biggest joke in the history of riding.

They started winning championships what, 3 years later, all while completely redesigning the engine, chassis, and suspension?

From "scrap" to championship bikes in less than 3 years.

Honda went from "the best" to not winning a large bike championship now for 13 years? IF they take it this year, it will be 13 years.

That's a pretty pathetic showing from the "best bikes in the world" to go from winning to being beaten handily by every other manufacturer for 13 years (and possibly more if they don't take it this year!) Haha! That's some mighty fine machine there.

(See how stupid this crap is?)

Finally a clear, logical voice. Breath of fresh air! I'm a bit confused about the last part but otherwise it all makes sense!

You have no idea what you are talking about.  See what William said above, it is mostly true.  The Hondas are now right up there with the KTMs and even appear to be faster by a bit.  KR is one of the 2 best riders out there, and since he has the slightly faster bike he is now frustrating the hell out of RD.  Put a very fast rider on a very fast dialed in bike and what do you get?  Figure it out.  And BTW, I think you were the one that told me I didn't know what I was talking about when I said KRs Honda is dialed in.  Those were the exact words Emig used last night. ?

It's cool, Roczen is making your XR a force to be reckoned with, once again!

• Like 2

Lol, another Eric thread. I was kinda bummed when it looked like the one in general was deleted, was hoping it would show up again. A bit of comedy after the races.  ?

Everyone wants to be the new Tye..

• Like 3

I liked Musquin almost killing himself off of that jump.. but what a smooth  move to get back in. ..must have had shit in his pants after that. 

I am new to this, but it seems strange it is legal to jump tuff blocks and cut the coarse.  What is stopping them from cutting corners or by-passing long sections outside the tuff block every lap?

So if you want to close the gap on the next guy up, but not pass, it is ok to cheat? 

Seems to me it should be a 2 position penalty like jumping under medical flag.

yea but watch how it happened.. he was just lucky he came out of it in the right place and right time..and some quick thinking. I thought he was toast..and I don't think he advanced position. I thought for sure he was going to crash hard.

• Like 1

I find the simplistic thought process that plagues the vast majority of Honda haters astonishing. Admittedly the biggest pool of over entitled know it all's are the Ryan Dungey/KTM fans. With a series of dominant season's it seemed to everyone that there wasn't an end in sight, unfortunately the only ones who truly believed that are the same ones with their head in their hands sobbing now. The desire for greatness is what drives the rider and the manufacturer to innovation and experimentation , it seems HRC has once again grasped this concept. Whether it's the addition of the redesigned engine cranking out 11% better power to weight ratio or the insertion of a more mature, driven Ken Roczen into fray. One thing is definitively clear in 2017, Honda is on a mission to dominate the sport of supercross once more.

Lot's of hate in here, all from you so far. I own two KTM's but think Honda's are excellent bikes, especially now that they have electric start and no kick start, you know.......LIKE A KTM.

Honda also has a new model CRF450RX - It's a real innovation, an off road race bike with 18" rear wheel, kickstand, kickstart, e-start, map switch, Off road tuned suspension and larger fuel tank. Ground breaking for Honda but KTM has been doing it for over a decade.

Edited by RollieW
  • Like 4

So if you want to close the gap on the next guy up, but not pass, it is ok to cheat? 

Seems to me it should be a 2 position penalty like jumping under medical flag.

Rarely is cutting the course like that going to be the faster way around. Look at where MM landed...he was in another section of the track...had this happened later he could've easily collided with someone else. 

I'm pretty sure if someone tried to use this as a strategy the AMA would shut it down pretty quickly.

• Like 1

If anybody else was on that HRC Honda I would be happy for them. I just don't care for roczen. I'm not a brand loyal fan but a rider based fan. I like almost every single rider and team and the bikes they ride but you can count on me being against where ever Kenny goes. He's a disrespectful punk. Post race interviews with Kenny are painful to watch when he wins and even worse when he gets beat. He's either the greatest or has a bs excuse. And he needs to learn words other than "ya, for sure" better study for that citizen test Kenny. Little turd!

Ktm should scrap their program and focus on Moto GP. Back to back 250SX wins and 4/6 podium spots in the premier class in the first two races. Lacklustre is an understatement! I'm not a loyalist to any rider or manufacturer but Roczen has won on the KTM, the Suzuki and now the Honda. The kid will win on whatever bike you put him on. If Roczen, Seely and Brayton swept the podium both races I'd think ktm should be worried but that's not the case.

• Like 1

After another solid performance atop the redesigned Honda , K-Roc may be showing the signs of maturity that so many KTM fans fear. With his pass on Dungey in the opening laps of San Diego, you could almost hear the collective breath of the crowd as they begin to see the points lead increase. With many people doubting the patience of the 94 it seems virtually the only pressure at this point is coming from Roczen himself. The consistent narrative in the stands being that Roczen will be his own undoing, and that the #1 will be there to capitalize on his inevitable mistake. I for one find it impossible to believe that Roc won't mature, as so many are quick to assert. Also equally as unbelievable is the thought that Dungey is some kind of gladiator that can never be toppled from his majestic KTM steed. With every innovation comes the chance for domination, with every new injury comes new hesitation. There looks to me to be a changing of the guard on the rise in SX, with the emergence of a renewed focus and emphasis on returning Honda to its championship form.

Are you getting paid by Honda?   

What I saw was a some really good racing regardless of who won.

But to indulge you narrative, I would say that we are exactly 2 races into a 17 race season.  KTM has consistently finished 2nd and 3rd.   How do you call that lackluster?

I also saw Dungey step it up big time.  KROC ran away with it at A1,  No Dungey went out there and rode the pace with him.  Smart racing by Dungey.    If the kid is on fire today, then just let it happen.  But the level of improvement from last week to this week by Dungey was substantial.   He would only need to be a hair better and he's on top this week.

Nobody want's KROC to fail.  But he has started out fast before and crashed away his chances.  Dungey has started out slow before and ends up winning.   So, its a wait and see situation.

We all want to see this type of racing every single week.   But something tells me that the first crash by either of these guys, at that pace, will be a big one.