Spark Arrestors for the YZ

6 replies to this topic
  • Thumpster

Posted April 11, 2002 - 04:47 PM

Hi Folks,
New TT member here. I recently purchased a '98 YZ400 after a 7 year bikeless hiatus. Does anyone have some leads on spark arrestors that can be riveted in place of the old end cap on the stock silencer? There's a business in Kent, WA. that is developing one but will not be available for another month or so. I would like to take the bike out on a shakedown cruise at the local ORV park.

I have been reading the TT posts for the past few months and it helped me narrow down what to purchase, thanks to all for your posts. Some bikes I've owned in the past were: XR500, XR200,YZ250, CR125, and RM400. Four strokes are my favorite.

I'll try to keep the greasy side down! :)

• Dan_YZF

Posted April 11, 2002 - 05:42 PM

try this

• Thumpster

Posted April 11, 2002 - 06:11 PM

Thanks Dan_YZF,

That looks like it will do the job. I'll give them a call.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • neyezar

Posted April 11, 2002 - 07:26 PM

you may also weant to check out pro moto billet. here is their web site:

• Thumpster

Posted April 12, 2002 - 02:48 AM

It is nice to know that there are some options out there. I had a hard time believing that no outfits made spark arrestors for the the stock silencer, especially after the bike has been in production for over 4 years. :)

• OR_Thumper

Posted April 12, 2002 - 03:08 PM

I just installed the PMB spark arrestor and was very pleased with the quality and ease of installation, well worth the money if you want to keep the stock pipe.

• Thumpster

Posted April 12, 2002 - 03:14 PM

I just ordered the PMB SA today, should be here Monday. It sounds like it's going to be a downpour this weekend anyway. I'm itching to go for a ride!

Related Content

2016 YZ450 by CaptainKnobby

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  59 replies

Michigan Motocross Tires by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   North
  • 1 reply

Snake pit oct 30th by The Anvil

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   California
  • Hot  106 replies

100 hrs on 2014 yz450f, shim valves or replace them? by ttr230rider6

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • Hot  79 replies
WR Camshaft Swap Info - last post by jamesm113

WR Camshaft Swap Info

• 0 replies

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.