I wish I could do this!

22 replies to this topic
  • thrtlljnki

Posted July 08, 2004 - 09:16 AM

The www.transamtrail.com and the www.mex2can.com both look awesome! I've had them both bookmarked for a few years.

Maybe someday we'll get the chance! If we all had lives like IronDude then we would have already done it!

About my business being a "rip off"...
Mr. "xr650Man" and I had a PM talk about his comments and thoughts.

Unfortunately Baja isn't as inexpensive as he thinks, at least the way Moto Tour companies do it.
And there is a lot more to operating tours for a living than some might think.
We are competitively priced. When new companies start up they low-ball then quickly raise prices once they figure out it isn't profitable.
Fact is, we consistently have people tell us after the ride they feel it was an excellent deal and they would've paid more for the trip. And yes, we get TONS of riders from So.Cal. too.
There are 5 companies offering bikes, 2 offering atv's, and 1 offering full-race buggies. We're all relatively busy.
Looks to me like we all must be doing something right.

Tim

Wow, the mex2can ride looks great. How about turning it around and going can2mex??

As I wrote about in another thread, myself and 9 buddies did a ride this spring with Bajabound. As is normal human nature, I think we all wondered what we were going to get for our money. What we got was an unbelievable trip through Northern Baja!!(Thanks again Tim, Irondude, and the rest of the staff). By the third or fourth day of our 7 day ride, we all had come to the conclusion that we were definately getting our money's worth. It's got to be worth something to be able to ride into a town, get off your bike, and not worry about it again until the next morning. We gave the chase drivers a cooler and some cash, and we always arrived to nice cold Pacifico's!! :thumbsup: :devil:

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • EM_rider

Posted July 08, 2004 - 10:47 AM

I've just scheduled my fourth ride with Tim for Jan 05 and am looking forward to many more. These rides are a rare and special event for me (and 90% of the guys I ride with) and I want to maximize fun/challenging riding and minimize hassle and risk. That is what I pay Bajabound for and in my view it is money very well spent. Baja is not a good place to have things go sour and you really need some knowledge of the area and/or vehicle support if trouble hits.

• thrtlljnki

Posted July 09, 2004 - 03:45 AM

How about all the really cool single track that you can tell not everyone gets to ride!! :thumbsup:

Related Content

Forums
Photo

DirttyPig 2005 Xr650l Prroject! by braapmebb1moretime

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • 22 replies
Reviews

Honda XR650L 2016 by Chris.GVS

Honda XR650L 2016
  • - - - - -
  • 0 reviews
Forums
Photo

93 xr650l Restoration Project by Zigster

• 17 replies
Forums
Photo

ignitech programmable XR650L CDI by brianhare

• Hot  60 replies
Forums
Photo
Supercross

Supercross Preview 2017 Part 1: Championship Contenders by Chris Cooksey

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  148 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.