Power mods for an 08 250F?

Hi. Does anyone know of any other power mods besides exhaust that I could do to my 08 KX250F? 

I know that realistically its best to just get a newer fuel injected bike but thats not going to happen for a few years

so I was wondering if anything could be done maybe with the carb or something to give it a little more power without

spending thousands on a full engine rebuild. If not I am fine with just riding it the way it is for a few more years until I can

get a newer bike.

When was the engine last 'freshened up'  :

valvetrain inspected & adjusted, piston / rings, cam chain replaced etc.?

Never mind spending on easy bolt-ons that might add 1 hp,

(and won't make up for worn / out of spec engine)

If you want to ride it reliably a few more years until ready to purchase a newer bike

sooner preferably than later it will be necessary to service the engine,

'spending thousands on a full rebuild' as you say is only if you wait too long to do it....

Edited by mlatour

The guy I bought the bike from last spring said he had about 2 hours on a new top end that was redone by a local engine builder. I do not have paper work but I have no reason to not believe him. I should have made myself clear on the thousands part lol. I meant thousands to have someone like pro circuit go through the top and bottom of the engine. There is probably about 10 hours on the top end rebuild due to me not being able to ride but a few times last summer. How often does the top end need to be rebuilt on these 4 strokes? This is my first one.

Depends how hard you ride it,

in actual competitive racing conditions it can warrant a new piston & ring and checking valve clearance every 15 hours of use.

For recreational riding, if you're not constantly pushing it to the rev limiter you can

easily ride it a complete MX season (say 40 hours) doing only regular air filter, oil/oil filter, valvetrain adjustments.

Download the bike's service manual if you don't already have one.

Edited by mlatour

I rode as a kid and now that I am older with kids I am

limited to being the weekend warrior and I am nowhere near good enough to ride up on the rev limiter. I am to ride more this summer if I can which means a couple times a month if I can. I am mechanically inclined so I should be able to do the top end myself because I can't afford to spend $800 to have someone else do it. At that point I'd prolly switch back to a 2502t lol.