- - - - -

Male PMS, blue balls & winter riding

• Please sign in to reply

8 replies to this topic
  • OZ DRZ

TT Gold Member

1,451 posts

Posted January 11, 2017 - 01:28 PM

While unheard of in the southern hemisphere, it seems male MPS is a real issue in the great white north. Apparently some guys slap on heated grips and just go riding anyway with blue balls. Others turn their bikes into some kind of snow bike frankenstein thing. And the rest suffer from PMS for several months. 

For those of you snowed in, how do you get through those frozen months? Our winters here vary from around 55 to 70F, or 13C to 21C, so it's kind of hard to imagine riding over there in the frozen wastelands. icon10.gif

• Husa islander

TT Bronze Member

112 posts

Posted January 11, 2017 - 03:00 PM

Well I am lucky enough to live in Canada's tropics normally. We can usually ride year around. We have been cold for 6 weeks with snow too and that never happens. Some places are still open to ride so its not that bad for me just limits the places to ride. -2C here today at sea level normal would be about 6C and lots of rain. Ohh do I miss the rain!!!

• Doc_d

TT Silver Member

851 posts

Posted January 11, 2017 - 05:08 PM

Winter does suck but having seasons is awesome. Winter renews everything including a deep desire to ride. Fall is my favorite season. This makes it all worthwhile.

636102524483952403-Escarpment-Trail-2.jp

1422639551718.jpg?ve=1&tl=1

7d8faf71fcc3be48de194c98c4593826.jpg

Plus our winters keep our insects and spiders from getting big enough to eat birds.

article-1079895-02371FD3000005DC-910_224

Doc

• filterx
4,174 posts

Posted January 11, 2017 - 05:29 PM

Ya this has been a BIG snow year on the lower mainland coast and then throw in an Arctic Out Flow. So it was JUST cold enough that we got a foot of snow, then it warmed up enough so we got a bit of rain, then it cleared up and the Arctic Out Flow hit with super high winds and -15C temperatures. Its been an UGLY freezing winter mess and yes I too am missing the rain.

Finally got around to getting these actually on the bike and riding this weekend rain or snow :)

20161231_1219471_zpsl1weotgt.jpg

Edited by filterx, January 11, 2017 - 05:35 PM.

• xxsheepxxloverxx

TT Member

30 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted January 11, 2017 - 05:42 PM

indoor arena with heat.

• OZ DRZ

TT Gold Member

1,451 posts

Posted January 11, 2017 - 10:55 PM

Well I am lucky enough to live in Canada's tropics normally. We can usually ride year around. We have been cold for 6 weeks with snow too and that never happens. Some places are still open to ride so its not that bad for me just limits the places to ride. -2C here today at sea level normal would be about 6C and lots of rain. Ohh do I miss the rain!!!

last year was so much fun i told everyone i was moving to BC... only half in jest. but then the locals said i might want to just visit for winter and see how i liked the wet part lol. i figured it would be brilliant for nine months of the year though, and could just head south or back to oz for the other three months - heaven on a stick!

• codyl

TT Bronze Member

125 posts

Posted January 12, 2017 - 08:05 AM

As much as i hate winter, our family eats alot of wild game and fish, and everything is easier to track in the winter lol deer,elk, moose, ice fishing. But Im buying studs for next fall so i can ride after deer season is over we usually dont get a pile of snow till after new years anyways

• OZ DRZ

TT Gold Member

1,451 posts

Posted January 12, 2017 - 11:00 AM

Winter does suck but having seasons is awesome. Winter renews everything including a deep desire to ride. Fall is my favorite season. This makes it all worthwhile.

epic pics, doc. very tempted to get my ass over there for fall and so some adventure riding through that sort of scenery....

• filterx
4,174 posts

Posted January 12, 2017 - 06:22 PM

last year was so much fun i told everyone i was moving to BC... only half in jest. but then the locals said i might want to just visit for winter and see how i liked the wet part lol. i figured it would be brilliant for nine months of the year though, and could just head south or back to oz for the other three months - heaven on a stick!

Lower mainland/Sunshine Coast  and Van Isle usually 12 months of year if you don't mind a bit of rain but man I'm over the real winter we've had this year.

If I had the cash and time I would have headed south with my bikes a month ago and not come back til spring

Related Content

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.