Good News!! WR 450 lowering link

8 replies to this topic
  • Jim_bo

Posted March 24, 2004 - 08:59 AM

I just spoke to Mitch at Zipty racing. They are working on a lowering link for the WR450 and it should be in production in about 3 weeks!!! I am so excited. I'd love to set my race sag at 100mm, but still have a decent seat height!!

Jimbo

• yamaharichey

Posted March 24, 2004 - 09:06 AM

It will be intresting to see how they did it, Kouba link tried, but could'nt figure it out and appartly gave up.

• ckulzer

Posted March 24, 2004 - 11:48 AM

Jim_bo,
If you dropped the ride height in the rear, what steps would you take to lower the front? Would you have the forks modified accordingly?

Upsetting the ride height and corresponding balance would be a concern for me.

Ride fast - take chances

Chad

• Jim_bo

Posted March 24, 2004 - 02:41 PM

Chad,

The easiest way is just to pull the forks up in the triple clamps. I have tall bar mounts, so it is easy for me.

Jimbo

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Jim_Patterson

Posted March 24, 2004 - 02:47 PM

I had a 5/8 spacer put in my shock which combined with the linkage multiplier lowered the bike seat 1 1/2 inches. I also shaved an inch of the seat and put gel in place of the inserts found in the WR 450 seat.

• Jim_bo

Posted March 24, 2004 - 03:29 PM

Jim,

What is a linkage multiplier?? Also, where did you get your shock work done?

Jimbo

• ckulzer

Posted March 25, 2004 - 04:54 AM

Jim_bo,
Can you pull up the forks enough to even the bike out again? I pulled mine up 6mm, but I don't remember if you can pull it up large amounts because of the taper on the forks uppers.

What effect does the lowering link have on the swingarm angle? It is important to maintain a positive swingarm angle.

Ride fast - take chances

Chad

• Jim_bo

Posted March 25, 2004 - 05:36 AM

Chad,

I don't really know the specific answers as to how ZIPTY is going to address these issues. I guess we'll have to wait a few weeks to see.

Jimbo

• ETP

Posted March 25, 2004 - 05:42 AM

There is a scribe mark on the forks which is suppose to be the max lowering point. I have lowered mine to that point with no problems. It would get real ugly to bottom out the tire under the fender. Instant launch over the bars no doubt. The bike handles much better in tight woods stuff now.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.