XR600 Fork Springs Length

1 reply to this topic
  • Rhino

Posted March 24, 2004 - 05:54 AM

I've done a lot of research on fork springs and I guess I've confused the XR650 fork springs from the XR600 fork springs.

I've ordered the Eibach fork springs and it turns out I have to use a spacer (pvc pipe cut to fit :)) to make the springs fit for my XR6. Is there a fork spring out there that will fit my '94 XR600 without a spacer.

I'm not too worried about using a spacer, I was just thinking that Eibach made a fork spring that would drop in and replace the stock spring.

Anyone found a fork spring that matches the stock? I would appreciate any info on this.

Thanks

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • POBLondon

Posted March 24, 2004 - 11:35 AM

The XR600R and XR650L kits are the same part number - I have the same kit.

I believe it's standard practice to use a spacer (the PVC pipe) to preload the spring. I am fitting mine in a day or two.

Posted Image

The instructions tell you how to set the oil level, etc.
HTH :)

Drop me an email if you want me to forward the instructions / take pics of me fitting them in the next few days.

:D

Related Content

Forums
Photo

Wiseco 101MM Spark Knock Low Engine Temps by imandrewparks

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • 7 replies
Forums
Photo

XR650L super moto wheels by greggkklee

• Hot  28 replies
Reviews

Honda XR650L 2016 by Chris.GVS

Honda XR650L 2016
  • - - - - -
  • 0 reviews
Forums
Photo

Engine Loping/Sputtering by tcaldwell

• 2 replies
Reviews

Honda XR650L 2017 by Chris.GVS

Honda XR650L 2017
  • - - - - -
  • 0 reviews

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.