Right foot shift

1 reply to this topic
  • curtis916

Posted March 23, 2004 - 08:22 PM

I have a friend that lost his left foot in a street bike accident, he still wants to ride and needs someone to fabricate a right foot shift on a 03 XR650. He lives in Sacramento California. If anyone knows of someone who does this kind of work or has handicap controls for motorcycles, please let me know. Thanks...

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • HairyScary

Posted March 25, 2004 - 09:56 AM

If you go a right foot shift, then maybe using an auto clutch (z_start or whoever) and moving the rear brakes to the clutch lever would be a good plan. Another alternative might be to
use another throttle assembly on the LHS (a push-pull type) to do the gear shifting. An auto clutch might be an asset here as well, to reduce the complication factor. I suspect that once you decide on a decent plan, then you will be able to choose a reputable fabricator and not be limited to working with those who typically do control conversions on cars etc,
since I'm guessing that this type of conversion isn't too common.

Good Luck.

Related Content

1993 XR600R rebuild by ove

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • Hot  41 replies

Cle Elum Sunday 5/29: Looking for dual sport tips by TigerTanker

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   Northwest
  • Hot  32 replies

Engine Loping/Sputtering by tcaldwell

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • 2 replies

Which thumper motor for a street tracker? by woz

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • * * * * -
  • Hot  29 replies

What was your path to Beta? by officialhopsof

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Beta
  • Hot  79 replies

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.