Be the first to review this

Related Garage

Dirt bike 1.jpg

Honda CRF250X (2004)

Owner: Frost1eboy
Added on January 18, 2017
Photo
- - - - -

Share your strange but true funny moto-related stories...

22 replies to this topic
  • 4Sevens

TT Silver Member

535 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted January 13, 2017 - 08:27 AM

A group of us was riding during the summer.  We got turned around and ended up out on the trail a lot longer than expected.  We had all run out of water and everyone was pretty uneasy.  Anyway, we finally figured out where we were and we were making our way back.  One of the guys started freaking out and tore all his gear off.  Said he was going to burn up.  Anyway, he stripped down to his underwear and rode it back into to town like that.  Sooooo freaking funny.

Another time we got lost and one of the guys broke down crying blabbering that we were going to die.  Had to scream at him to get it together.  Pretty wild.

Most recently, we went down an old trail that no one had ridden in years.  Initially it was a super steep descent almost straight down with major drop offs and boulders.  So we ride for half the day on this overgrown trail that is hard to even follow when it comes to a point where we lose the trail and cannot find a way to keep going.  We have no choice but to go back the way we came but I knew there was no way we were going to make it back up that initial descent. We get back to the hill and it's going to be dark in less than an hour.  We try over and over and can't even get up the first 20 yards and this is about one mile straight up to get to the top.  We have no choice but to leave the bikes and hike out.  We're at over 7,000 feet elevation and we all live at sea level.  We kind of split up, each of us doing our best to make it up.  I was alone, second one of the four of us hiking up.  It got to be pitch dark.  There were a few times I stopped and lay down in a fetal position resting.  My legs were burning and my face was numb from lack of oxygen.  We finally all get to the top of the trail and flag down a truck.  Guy gives us a ride the 2 hours back to our staging area.  Fun times!

Edited by 4Sevens, January 13, 2017 - 08:28 AM.

• Phineas7

TT Bronze Member

244 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted January 13, 2017 - 10:46 AM

Back when I was young I rode with a guy that was unusually strong. We were riding thru what we called "clear cut" (It's where the timber company cuts down all the trees and leave the stumps), that had about a year or two of regrowth on it. Basically it looked like a field of 3' high grass. Anywho, we were cutting thru it and I looked back and he was just sitting on his bike, parked in the middle of the field. I went back to check on him. He had hit a stump causing a sudden and absolute stop. Without crashing, without letting go, he literally wrapped the handlebar around the number plate. the grip were pointing straight out over the front fender.

• HeavyRotation

TT Gold Member

1,447 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted January 13, 2017 - 02:26 PM

This hasn't happened and I hope it doesn't, but I have been having this recurring nightmare of me ridding on a track and hitting a huge double, In mid flight I know I hit it too fast and im going to over clear the landing ramp so I bail off the bike. All I can see is the ground coming fast, I put my legs out and when I land i feel my legs brake and boom wake up.. This happens at least 1-2 times a month..

that's what middle age feels like

Related Content

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.