yz cam

4 replies to this topic
  • jc777

Posted March 23, 2004 - 02:39 PM

Does the yz cam actually give u more hp?What exactly does the cam swap do?Is the cam swap a perfect fit into my wr450? is it worth it?

• jc777

Posted March 23, 2004 - 03:56 PM

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • crushedreams

Posted March 23, 2004 - 07:00 PM

Its an easy direct swap. Nothing else needed except maybe some different shims. I would say It makes 5-8 hp. more than the wr cam, but you lose some of the lowend power. I like it much better than the stock cam. With the wr flywheel I think its perfect.

• holeshot426

Posted March 24, 2004 - 06:59 AM

I didnt notice any low end loss, more like gains throughout the entire powerband. The JamesNow mod made up for anything that was even close to being lost and then some. The throttle response down low is almost too much, one little twitch of the wrist and the front wheel comes up. I can see where the tight technical rocky sections could get tricky, you have to have a steady throttle hand.

• crushedreams

Posted March 24, 2004 - 09:40 AM

My Brother in law has a bone stock wr450 so I do a mod to mine then ride the stock bike and back on to mine. It helps when you get used to the power and thinking "this isnt very fast" and jump on the stock bike and say "maybe it is".

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.