WR 426 Muffler???

5 replies to this topic
  • russmitchell

Posted March 23, 2004 - 09:29 AM

I have a FMF powerbomb with a Q series muffler on an 01 WR426. I think the Q series is robbing power, am I corret? What muffler will give me better exhaust flow??

• ogrebelle

Posted March 23, 2004 - 09:49 AM

Robbing power over what? Over an uncorked stock muffler or an open YZ muffler, yes you'll notice a difference. I love my "Q", I guess it depends on your taste. A noisy bike doesn't do anyone any good on public lands. Jet it right and I think you'll love your "Q" unless you think noise=power/prestige.
Doug

• jwriott

Posted March 23, 2004 - 09:51 AM

I just put a Q on my bike and I'd say it has at least as much power as the stock, uncorked exhaust if not a little more.

I haven't ridden a WR with a YZ exhaust so I can't compare that one but you'd still need a SA for the woods.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • RobRantzow

Posted March 24, 2004 - 07:00 PM

I just picked up a Dr. D pipe the new D shape today I'll tell you how it works when I try it. But from past trials they work great and are about 1/2 the weight.

• Disco

Posted March 25, 2004 - 04:26 AM

I've got a YZ426 silencer on my WR with a PMB spark arrestor. The thing flat hauls bananas. I did quite a bit of research about which exhaust to put on my WR before I learned that it's tough to beat the stocker YZ silencer. I found one on Ebay for $50 shipped, but then had to break down and buy the PMB spark arrestor for ~$110 making my total cost around ~$175. From what I've learned though, its tough to beat that cost even with the higher end exhaust systems.

My two cents...... :)

• tp3dxf

Posted March 26, 2004 - 08:52 PM

Robbing power over what? Stock? I don't think so. Maybe a slight bit over a full blown race exhaust but not over stock.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.