HELP PLEASE! Will 99 YZ400 Radiator fit 01 WR426????

1 reply to this topic
  • APE907

Posted March 23, 2004 - 06:55 AM

Did a search and couldn't find the answer to this. I picked up a used radiator from '99 YZ400 for $100 to replace the left side radiator on my 01 WR426 which is trashed. I checked out part numbers for both the 99 yz and the 01 WR (99 YZ #5BE-1240A-00-00, 01 WR #5JG-1240A-00-00). The part numbers are identical except for first three digits which I assume are used to denote the actual YEAR of the bike which part is intended for. Can anyone confirm this for me??? Any help is much appreciated, thanks in advance.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • MN_Kevin

Posted March 23, 2004 - 11:46 AM

I DO know the rad shroud mounts ARE different. You may have to improvise to attach your shrouds. Don't know about the radiator to the frame though... :)

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.