Radiator Guards

4 replies to this topic
  • nmabbott

Posted April 10, 2002 - 06:55 AM

Has anyone tried the Devol radiator guards? Do the mount without modification?

How about any other radiator protectors/reinforcers on the market?
Thanks

• 98yz

Posted April 10, 2002 - 09:53 PM

I run the Devols on my 426. Work great once you figure out how they mount. There is no modifications required to use them. The best too to mount them is a 1/4" drive 8 mm 6" long or longer. Otherwise the bolts holing the guards and radiators on is very difficult to tighten. They fit well and protect great as well.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Guest_Guest_*

Posted April 10, 2002 - 10:00 AM

I had the works conection guards on my 98 400 but both sides cracked by the mounting hole on the frame.

I currently am running the devol guards and have not had a problem. I feel these guards are better they do not fasten to the radiator at all but go around it. Were the works conection bolt to the outside of the radiator, this lets the radiator suseptable to damage.

I did have to trim the back side of my shroud plastic. It took about 20 minutes to install even with trimming. A sharp utility knife worked fine.

Cris

• MOmilkman

Posted April 10, 2002 - 10:19 AM

This topic has seen some serious abuse on the WR side.

Click on the link below and you will find all the info you need for one lifetime :)

>>>>Radiator Guards

• nmabbott

Posted April 10, 2002 - 11:12 AM

Thanks guys, going with the flatland.

Related Content

Forums
Photo

Should I buy this bike? help....... by Numsa Hul

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   What bike should I buy?
  • 10 replies
Forums
Photo

James Stewart back on a YZ450F by YamaLink

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  47 replies
Forums
Photo
Motocross

Thinking about Yamaha 250... by Arctic Pride

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  491 replies
Forums
Photo

Megabomb Fitment by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 1 reply
Wiki
WR Camshaft Swap Info - last post by jamesm113

WR Camshaft Swap Info

Articles
  • 0 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.