which bar work good for tall rider?

10 replies to this topic
  • adevans8802

Posted March 22, 2004 - 01:47 PM

I just got my first dirt bike (convert from 4wheelers)04 WR450F. I am 6'4" and the bars feel to low when I ride standing up. Any sugestions on a set of bars that will work?

• oldbones

Posted March 22, 2004 - 02:13 PM

I am 6'1" and hated the stock bars for the same reason. I switched to Pro Taper CR High bend, and used the Tusk big bar adapters which added an additional 3/4" of height. This was a huge improvement, but I believe it could still be better. If I had to order a new set of bars, I would stick with Pro Tapers for sure, but I might change bends. I would look for something higher, with less sweep back (to place hands more forward) and also narrower (for the farmhouse door at Starvation Ridge!). You might check out the Pastrana Freestyle Bend or the KX high bend. Ask around on here, I am sure someone has tried them.

Happy hunting! :)

• ddialogue

Posted March 22, 2004 - 02:16 PM

I second the CR High bend. I added those on top of my GPR 2.0. The GPR 2.0 adds 1 1/4 rise to the clamp setup. I'm 6'2" and it's perfect for me. :)

• The_Blue_One

Posted March 22, 2004 - 02:26 PM

I'm 6'2 andI started with the the cr-his and thought they were still alittle short.I ended up with the windhams they are about 10mm higher and have less sweep.I also got some barrisers that are 10mm higher than stock.

• FTD

Posted March 22, 2004 - 02:32 PM

Ditto...
I strapped on the CR Hi as well... much different!
Wish I could be like dd and get the 2.0! :)
Hoss

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • BrandonW

Posted March 22, 2004 - 02:34 PM

I am 6'3", and I go with the Jimmy Button bend. I like my bars as high and as far forward as possible, and this bend works better than any other I have tried.

:)

• Indy_WR450

Posted March 22, 2004 - 02:45 PM

Kevin Windham bend Pro Tapers with extended bar mounts. :)

• SMD

Posted March 22, 2004 - 03:53 PM

Ditto on the Renthal Jimmy Button bend......I am 6'6".
I like them so much I put them on my street bike. :)

• oldbones

Posted March 22, 2004 - 06:22 PM

Man, I gotta tell you. There is nothing sexier than Pro-Tapers on a street bike.

At the big bike show in Seattle this year, I was drooling on the naked Aprillia and Ducati's. I especially liked the fact that a lot of the parts would have looked just as at home on my WR!

Does this mean I'm strange? :)

:D

• Chris_from_Oz

Posted March 22, 2004 - 09:53 PM

Ditto on the Renthal Jimmy Button bend......I am 6'6".
I like them so much I put them on my street bike. :)

Yep, me too. :D Got 'em on my 426, and my street bike.

• wakin

Posted March 23, 2004 - 05:32 AM

I'm 6'4. Just put on ProTaper Windham's. Also reversed the the top clamp & used it as a spacer between the top mount & ProTaper mounts. This raises them another 3/4".

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.