Rock Candy Mountain Trail

A beginner can ride rock candy, and a lot of other stuff at Capitol. It's really slippery though. I'd be happy to show you what I know when it reopens.

Agreed, Tahuya is much better. However, Capitol Forest is pretty well marked. That's why I rode it solo a few times when I moved here a few months ago.

I think you really need a guide for a nice singletrack ride at Tahuya. Your guide will be over 40, friendly, and on an orange smokey bike.

Capitol forest is double track all around. Unlike Tahuya, it does not have tight single track. But Cap Forest does have climbs that can be reasonably challenging and fun. CH is a great place to learn your all around skills, so you can advance to the mountains. Tahuya is great because it's open during the winter, has some super fun single track, is huge, and isn't going to kill a newb. I hit it hard at Tahuya til the other stuff opens up, because I don't want to get bored of Tahuya.  

Anyone who wants to ride Tahuya shoot me a pm. I live close by and know it well.

I have been riding Tahuya for over a year but have barely scratched the surface.  Rode the eastern side near the Jail yesterday for the first time and had fun.  Got lost several times but it's a good kind of lost if you know what I mean.  ?  @Rck18 and I are talking about connecting soon at Tahuya...we should all ride together.  

• Like 1

Capitol forest is double track all around. Unlike Tahuya, it does not have tight single track. But Cap Forest does have climbs that can be reasonably challenging and fun. CH is a great place to learn your all around skills, so you can advance to the mountains. Tahuya is great because it's open during the winter, has some super fun single track, is huge, and isn't going to kill a newb. I hit it hard at Tahuya til the other stuff opens up, because I don't want to get bored of Tahuya.  

CF has ST, just need to know where to look. DNR limits access to ST trails to two wheel vehicles, and to other trails to vehicles less than 50" wide which excludes anything wider than a quad.  Quad trails are OK but what I dislike is how torn up they become from the locked axles of the quads. And ruts in a trail don't drain so lots of water puddles. Prob why DNR closes CF during the winter.

CF also has some 2 track trails, prob legacy from logging and utility right of ways

But quad trails, and wider, just provides more lines to chose from.  :ride: