Rally Pro Handguards and El Cheapo Brake Lever?? *DELETED*

5 replies to this topic
  • Archadian

Posted March 22, 2004 - 12:59 PM

Post deleted by Archadian

• Wicked_Crash

Posted March 22, 2004 - 01:23 PM

IMO the Acerbis Rally Pro handguards were the biggest waste of money I spent. The guards themselves and the mounting brackets are flimsy. The first time I laid my bike down with them, they bent. The aluminum in the guards is really weak. If you want a strong set of handguards, go with Cycra Pro Bends with the triple clamp mounts or the Fastway FIT system guards. They are very strong, and I haven't bent them yet, and believe me I've tried... unintentionally :).

• oldbones

Posted March 22, 2004 - 02:22 PM

A better deal would be the Tusk D-flex handguards ($50 from RockyMountainMC). I have these on two bikes, and have found them bulletproof. The aluminum braces in them are super strong, and the plastics are replaceable for $30 if you totally kill them, but I think it would take pavement to do that.

These guards don't spin on your bars as easy as Acerbis, I only managed to turn on once in a year and a half, and I had to whack a tree solid in second gear to do that much. With lesser guards, I would have MANGLED my hand, broke a lever and perch, and bent my bars. As it was, I was up and riding again as soon as the birds stopped chirping in my head and my buddy stopped laughing!

I wouldn't own a bike without good handguards, but I'll keep my soft stock levers another day.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Archadian

Posted March 23, 2004 - 09:55 AM

Thanks bones and crash for your replies. :)
I think I'll go with the D-flex because they're more in my price range. I like the replacable parts too.
Thanks a bunch :D

• Canuck

Posted March 23, 2004 - 11:15 AM

yup, acerbis bend like licorice when you drop your rig.
check out rooster or enduro engineering before you make a decision. rooster has a banner ad on TT

• Archadian

Posted March 23, 2004 - 12:38 PM

Will do :)
Thanks again :D

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.