Pig vs. Pumpkin?

5 replies to this topic
  • Carlisle1972

Posted March 22, 2004 - 10:23 AM

Just wondering if anyone has dragged before with a 525 exc big pumpkin. Straight drag to 100mph

• TimBrp

Posted March 22, 2004 - 10:38 AM

Even with that your talking a power to weight ratio advantage for the pumpkin. However, in the long run the 650 will eat them all up. Yeah, because I own one!! :)

• Bernie_Boy

Posted March 22, 2004 - 09:30 PM

PIG PIG PIG!!!!! ...Ok...what are we talking about? :)

Can't answer your question but I can say that I would go the 650 for sure even though I have never been on this "525" you talk of. Is it a trail bike? :D :D

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • irondude

Posted March 23, 2004 - 08:22 AM

i have a fully built racing pig- it will rather enjoys eating pumpkin whenever it gets the chance.

Curiously--in dead engine starts at the races--my one kick pig beats orange off the line consistently--even though they have the button--the kick starter actually gets the bike going faster---but in the odd chance it takes two kicks--i will catch the orange menace by the time we shift into 4th...then i will take the 15-47 geared pig into three figures speed zone and smile goodbye -- the roost then gets so bad they have to back WAY OFF!

so yeah-in a drag race the built pig will win....
sadly the lighter orange bike will catch my butt once it gets technical and the heavier pig starts to wear my skinny little arms down to mush...

• Old_Man_Time

Posted March 23, 2004 - 10:11 AM

I own both bikes and I agree with Irondude. In the tight stuff my 525EXC makes ground up and fast. Never the less I love both bikes.

• xr650Lroostnya

Posted March 23, 2004 - 04:11 PM

Never raced any of the pumpkins but my bike easily beat a bunch of quads mostly raptor 660's and banshee's. :)

Related Content

Fell Off Trailer by usafxr

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • Hot  43 replies

93 xr650l Restoration Project by Zigster

• 17 replies

Can anyone identify this xr600 piston? by ms_mtn24

• 4 replies

FCR40 Tuning Woes- XR600R by aTuWitty

• Hot  37 replies

1993 XR600R rebuild by ove

• Hot  41 replies

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.