XR650L MUFFLER

2 replies to this topic
  • mab

Posted March 22, 2004 - 08:57 AM

Hey Guys,
My first post with a question regarding the stock muffler on a 650L. Just spent everything on getting the bike and can't afford new muffler yet. I cut the spot welds and took off the two bolts thinking I could just pull out the insides. Nothing happended. Is there another bolt somewhere or just get a bigger hammer?
Thanks in advance for any advice :)

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • slip

Posted March 22, 2004 - 02:56 PM

They (xrlug Yahoo group) tell me that's all you need to do. If you didn't cut the little restricter bar out that is located at the end of the tip, you have something to grab onto to yank it out. I on the other hand cut that out before I tried to take out the baffle and hand nothing to pull on. I didn't want to totally bugger the exhaust up, so I left it alone. :)

• mab

Posted March 22, 2004 - 03:14 PM

Thanks slip! The resticter bar is still on so I'll just have to yank harder. I've been reading about the great mod's you guys are doing and can't wait to try them out on this bike. Just have to scrounge up another $500 :)
Thanks again for the info

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.