Help with CRF150F not starting

I dragged an old (2006) CRF150F out of a neighbors barn. It hadn't been stored well and hadn't ran for sometime. The trouble is small engines aren't my strength at all... hence why I joined here.

Cleaned up, fresh gas, carb cleaned, new plug, oil changed.

Pulled both sides off the casing and everything turns as it should but did it dig any deeper. Didn't touch the carb adjustment. Have not checked compression...

It will crank very strong on the electric start, has fuel running into carb and sounds like it wants to start.

What do I try next.

Should I try hunt a compression gauge down?

I checked cut off switch wasn't stuck too

Adjust/set the carb float level. Adjust the engine valves properly, clean and re -oil the air filter properly.

Make sure there are no mice in the air filter box or the muffler.

Check for spark jumping the gap on the spark plug.

Thanks. I had done filter and plug gap- it has spark. So I guess I start with carb float and engine valves next. Muffler got a clean out too.

Any suggestions on getting the carb float right and the engine valves. Or a link to the relevant information?

Thanks. I had done filter and plug gap- it has spark. So I guess I start with carb float and engine valves next. Muffler got a clean out too.

Any suggestions on getting the carb float right and the engine valves. Or a link to the relevant information?

You have a factory Honda Shop manual I'm hoping?