Best place to get top-end parts

3 replies to this topic
  • thumpsalad

Posted April 08, 2002 - 08:04 PM

Since I am stripping my bike and painting my frame, I have decided to do the top-end on my 400. I figure since the motor is out and it's got a lot of hours on it, I might as well replace the piston/rings.

Where's a good place to get the parts online? Will I need to re-surface the cylinder?

• John_Lorenz

Posted April 09, 2002 - 07:09 AM

Hooters

Woo hoooo :)

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • thumpsalad

Posted April 09, 2002 - 08:11 AM

OK, how about bottom en....nevermind! hehe :)

• Boit

Posted April 09, 2002 - 08:26 PM

If you check in the ad section of any of the magazines or Cycle News, you will find a few discount parts houses. The thing to do is use one of the micro fiche sites to locate the part numbers before you call. You can call each one and compare prices as you go. Surprisingly, there are differences in prices between these different suppliers. Also, make damn sure you ask about shipping charges and taxes. ESPECIALLY shipping charges. Some will charge a premium on shipping and not the actual UPS price. By careful shopping, I estimate that I save about 30% minimum compared to what I would pay at my local mafia shop. Plus, I don't have to put up with their attitude that they are doing me a huge favor by allowing me entrance to their establishment.

Related Content

Forums
Photo
Motocross

Thinking about Yamaha 250... by Arctic Pride

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  491 replies
Forums
Photo

Snake pit oct 30th by The Anvil

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   California
  • Hot  293 replies
Forums
Photo

The "going back to the other darkside" adventure... by Monk

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   KTM   250/350/450/505 SX-F & XC-F (4-Strokes)
  • Hot  94 replies
Forums
Photo

James Stewart back on a YZ450F by YamaLink

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  47 replies
Forums
Photo

Is it worth it? (Cam and High compression piston) by macgi77

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   CRF 150/230 F/L
  • Hot  36 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.