Wattsy back on the mighty KTM 125 for the A4DE

cool!  loved following wattsy' career.  When I was a kid I saw him at Southwick, he was racing in a couple nationals I think it was 2001.  I think he was pretty shocked a 12 year old wanted his autograph, at a AMA national no less.  Inspiring dude.

• Like 2

Really bummed I never got to do one of his riding schools before he left the states. He is one of the reasons why I love a small bore 2stroke so much. Proving that with the right skills, you can make them work great offroad against the newer, bigger bikes. Then again, that dude can make any bike work. 

• Like 3

Yeah. About 2 months ago. They listed their home here in NC and then he did some riding schools out west before heading over. The article in the OP touches on it. 

That's a shame.  As a fellow Ozzie living in the USA, I was looking forward to attending one of his riding schools.

• Like 1

That's a shame.  As a fellow Ozzie living in the USA, I was looking forward to attending one of his riding schools.

As a fellow Aussie who lives just down the road from Maffra. I'm stoked lol.

We have some serious talent ridding in the Valley these days. 

• Like 2

Is he for sure not doing anymore schools in the u.s? He did them in Australia when he lived here.

http://shanewatts.com/registration/upcoming-classes/

might have to see what my schedule is in May  :ride:

Tentative 2017 School Locations

In an effort to provide riders with as much advance notice as possible, we have tentatively scheduled schools in the locations listed below.  The dates may change, but it is our intention at this time to serve the markets we have indicated.  Please check in often for notice of registration opening or receive an email notification from us by completing our Contact Us form to subscribe to email notifications. Thanks!

–February 16/17  (Thurs/Fri) – In Depth School, Central Florida (Shane Watts: $390/$100 Deposit) – Coming Soon! 

–February 18/19  (Sat/Sun) – In Depth School, North Georgia (Shane Watts: $390/$100 Deposit) – Coming Soon! 

–February 23/24 (Thurs/Fri) – In Depth School, Dallas, TX (Shane Watts: $390/$100 Deposit) – Coming Soon! 

–February 25/26 (Sat/Sun) – In Depth School, South Central Louisiana (Shane Watts: $390/$100 Deposit) – Coming Soon! 

–March 2/3 (Thurs/Fri) – In Depth School, Memphis, TN (Shane Watts: $390/$100 Deposit) – Coming Soon! 

–March 4/5 (Sat/Sun) – In Depth School, Oklahoma City (Shane Watts: $390/$100 Deposit) – Coming Soon! 

–April 20/21 (Thurs/Fri) – In Depth School, Price, UT (Shane Watts: $390/$100 Deposit) – Coming Soon! 

–April 22/23 (Sat/Sun) – In Depth School, Milliken, CO (Shane Watts: $390/$100 Deposit) – Coming Soon! 

–April 27/28 (Thurs/Fri) – In Depth School, Wrentham, MA (Shane Watts: $390/$100 Deposit) – Coming Soon! 

–April 29/30 (Sat/Sun) – In Depth School, Denver, NC (Shane Watts: $390/$100 Deposit) – Coming Soon! 

–May 4/5 (Thurs/Fri) – In Depth School, Bushkill, PA (Shane Watts: $390/$100 Deposit) – Coming Soon! 

–May 6/7 (Sat/Sun) – In Depth School, Kittanning, PA (Shane Watts: $390/$100 Deposit) – Coming Soon! 

–May 11/12 (Thurs/Fri) – In Depth School, Seattle, WA (Shane Watts: $390/$100 Deposit) – Coming Soon! 

–May 13/14 (Sat/Sun) – In Depth School, Lebanon, OR (Shane Watts: $390/$100 Deposit) – Coming Soon! 

–May 18/19 (Thurs/Fri) – In Depth School, Kansas City, MO (Shane Watts: $390/$100 Deposit) – Coming Soon! 

–May 20/21 (Sat/Sun) – In Depth School, Iowa (Shane Watts: $390/$100 Deposit) – Coming Soon! 

–May 25/26 (Thurs/Fri) – In Depth School, Indiana (Shane Watts: $390/$100 Deposit) – Coming Soon! 

–May 27/28 (Sat/Sun) – In Depth School, Michigan (Shane Watts: $390/$100 Deposit) – Coming Soon! 

Let me start by saying this, I took one of wattsy's classes in 2012 and he's a hell of a guy. I enjoyed the class, got a lot of it. Watts did his job very well, that job being making you a better rider in 8 hours. He wasn't all that personable but he said it at the beginning of the class that wasn't his goal.

BUT does anyone remember his wife's rants a few years back? Notice one of the reasons he said it was good they left when they did? I just found that a little funny.

• Like 3

Let me start by saying this, I took one of wattsy's classes in 2012 and he's a hell of a guy. I enjoyed the class, got a lot of it. Watts did his job very well, that job being making you a better rider in 8 hours. He wasn't all that personable but he said it at the beginning of the class that wasn't his goal.

BUT does anyone remember his wife's rants a few years back? Notice one of the reasons he said it was good they left when they did? I just found that a little funny.

Happy to have a women of conviction in the country. You can keep Cher lol.

Hey Squidly. My favouite part was him saying the new 125's have as much torque as the old 200's. Woot Woot!

My 04 200 was the best engine ever. I can't wait to ride a Husky 150 XC.

• Like 1

Happy to have a women of conviction in the country. You can keep Cher lol.

Hey Squidly. My favouite part was him saying the new 125's have as much torque as the old 200's. Woot Woot!

My 04 200 was the best engine ever. I can't wait to ride a Husky 150 XC.

In 99 at a national race where it had snowed for a couple days then rained all night before the race I lined up on a KTM 125, watts was on one as well. I'll never forget the two times he lapped me. Once he was flying across the tops of these 3-4 foot deep ruts that many of its were stuck in, the next time I was sliding down this mountain afraid for my life as I dodged trees with the brakes locked up. He went by me on the damn gas!

Did you click the Facebook link I posted to the video of him?

• Like 1

In 99 at a national race where it had snowed for a couple days then rained all night before the race I lined up on a KTM 125, watts was on one as well. I'll never forget the two times he lapped me. Once he was flying across the tops of these 3-4 foot deep ruts that many of its were stuck in, the next time I was sliding down this mountain afraid for my life as I dodged trees with the brakes locked up. He went by me on the damn gas!

Did you click the Facebook link I posted to the video of him?

Have now.  

This is Wattsy's country. His stomping grounds. Maffa is right at the base of the Victorian High county/Great dividing range. Pretty much. He has mountain man in him. Part wild brumby, part thoroughbred maybe lol.

Not a lot to do out Maffra way as a kid if you don't ride horses or dirt bikes. Other options for a boy is Aussie rules football. Girls get Net Ball. That's about it.

Note that the discription (1:20) of his horse also describes Wattsy lol. It's no coincidence though.

Tim Coleman grew up not far from Maffra. This is what a lack of public transport can do for a kid lol.

Edited by FTB
  • Like 2