Shawn MC

1 reply to this topic
  • x654TCCRA

Posted April 08, 2002 - 11:29 AM

did you ever fix the rattling you posted earlier and what was causing it???

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Shawn_Mc

Posted April 08, 2002 - 12:17 PM

It was the Counter balancer drive gear key. It had come loose somehow. the part that bugs me the most about it is, the retaining nut was tight to spec, yet the counter balancer gear was rotating on the shaft about 30 degrees back and fourth. Turned out the stock key dosent have full corners. In other words, the corners are broken back at least .020. My new handmade key had full corners and was a press fit. I had to gently tap the gear into place, so its tight now. I also found a giant german guy and the ultimate warrior to put some torque on the retaining nut. So I got my fingers crossed. The rattle went away though, so its fixed.

Related Content

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.