Whip itz

3 replies to this topic
  • LBZYZ426

Posted April 07, 2002 - 09:28 PM

Not sure what it is called but I call it a whip it. When you get air born and kick out the tail end but not a table top. I have a YZ426 and hear that it takes an act of congress to bring back the tail whip. However the bikes weight is fine with me, as in moveing freely in the air. Anybody have some helpful hints on busting this trick better then I do now which isn't too good. My jumping skill is right there to learn how, so help me out, eh?
Is it a wind up before jump type thing-
Leaning a certain way-
Nail the gas at top of jump while leaning-

I don't know you guys tell me if possible...
I ask strange questions that are probably impossible to answer via email but why not give it a chance :)
No dirty tricks because i will be attempting these tips on the parctice track !!

And thanks

• twej

Posted April 07, 2002 - 09:57 PM

You'll probably get some responses but I'll post this anyway. Awhile back someone else had asked about doing a whip and someone replied with a website that had an article on whipping which really broke it down nicely. Try doing a search on this website for "jumping" or "whip".
Anyone else remember or have that website address?

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • LBZYZ426

Posted April 07, 2002 - 10:02 PM

Thanks TWEJ-

Doesn't get any better then this-

• wrooster

Posted April 08, 2002 - 01:43 PM

go see

just remember that the most important thing about a whip is landing front wheel first. if you aren't straightened out and you land rear wheel first you're gonna see stars. chad reed's link above shows exactly this -- he's at full steering lock just prior to landing but the front wheel hits first and that is the trick. do as he says and does.

the wrooster

Related Content

WR Camshaft Swap Info - last post by jamesm113

WR Camshaft Swap Info

• 0 replies

Is the 2016 GYTR Yamaha YZ450F too fast? by Fryboy

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • * - - - -
  • Hot  241 replies

First Hare scramble tips by dhend8

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • Hot  33 replies

100 hrs on 2014 yz450f, shim valves or replace them? by ttr230rider6

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • Hot  79 replies

Snake pit oct 30th by The Anvil

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   California
  • Hot  131 replies

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.