WR450F Newbie

6 replies to this topic
  • YamahaWR450FMike

Posted March 20, 2004 - 10:52 PM

Hellow everyone I'm new to the forum. I will be the proud owner of a new WR450F in a few weeks. Re-finacing the house so just waiting to have the cash in my hand and then it's over to the Yamaha dealer. I have a ton of questions about this bike.

• BlueRules

Posted March 20, 2004 - 11:04 PM

I've got a wr450 myself and its great, I think now its a bit over the top power wise, [@#$%&*!] hill climbs can be a real handfull. I've read that the 250s are a much better ride, but the 450s are still awesome. Doesnt hurt to check out the ktm450 too, they're getting a real good wrap at the moment, either way good luck and have a ball! :)

• YamahaWR450FMike

Posted March 21, 2004 - 08:02 AM

well I have looked at the KTM's and they are great looking bikes but I've been a Yamaha rider for over 20 years and I'm sticking with them.....

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • coldweld

Posted March 21, 2004 - 09:17 AM

Congratulations :- Helmet on, Sit on, Hold on, Your GONE!!!!

Blisterin POWER....

Bike's Blue you wont be. :)

• YamahaWR450FMike

Posted March 21, 2004 - 05:22 PM

I'm very ready for the WR450F. I've been riding a 1984 Yamaha TT600 since 1987. Don't get me wrong, the TT600 is incredible reliable bike and never any engine or trany problems. It just keeps on going. but it's time for a upgrade!

Congratulations :- Helmet on, Sit on, Hold on, Your GONE!!!!

Blisterin POWER....

Bike's Blue you wont be. :)

• Indy_WR450

Posted March 21, 2004 - 05:58 PM

I will say, You are due for an upgrade big time! How did you manage to keep that old TT running all these years? Parts still available? You earned the WR450 for sure! :) Welcome aboard. You will find TT real helpful and all the members are great. :D

• YamahaWR450FMike

Posted March 21, 2004 - 07:01 PM

Never really never had any problems with the TT600 except for the frame and one other time the air filter came loose and sucked in a bunch of dirt and dust, then it just wiped out the cylinder and started smoking really bad. But I rebuilt the engine and put a big bore piston and sleeve in it. The frame broke in a few places and had to have it welded quite a few different times. But I rode my TT600 like a YZ rider would ride. I jumped it, rode it very very hard for years and it just kept going. It's almost as fast as my brother's 98 YZ400F but he still can pull me pretty good in a race. I still have the TT and will never get rid of it. But now it's due for a new fuel tank. It's starting to crack and leak gas. Thank god for JB weld. LOL Just waiting now for my home re-finance money and then it's off to the good ole Yamaha shop for a real dirtbike!!!!

I will say, You are due for an upgrade big time! How did you manage to keep that old TT running all these years? Parts still available? You earned the WR450 for sure! :) Welcome aboard. You will find TT real helpful and all the members are great. :D

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.