Honda small bore off road Mcycles made in China?

www3.epa.gov/otaq/crttst.htm

Under the heading of EPA

(United States Environmental Protection Agency)

Under the heading:

Annual Certification Test Results & Data

Scroll down to:

2017, 2016, 2015, 2014, 2013

Motorcycle

Certified Off-Road Motorcycle, All Terrain, Utility and Recreational Vehicles Test Result Report Data

XLS (meaning it's on an XL Spreadsheet)

Specifically: CRF50, CRF110, CRF125

Scroll down to:

"Off-Road Motorcycle

Then find:

American Honda Motor Co., Ltd.

To the right of that:

Sundiro Honda Motor CO. Ltd. China

That's is who builds them under the Honda name in China.

Just wanted to let everyone know, incase it was not well known, yet?

So the 150f and 230f are both made in Brazil.

Is that better or worse than China?

Edited by adnohguy

• 2 weeks later...

Honda has been building a lot of it's smaller bore engines and even complete bikes (under 300cc or so) as well as stationary/equipment engines in Taiwan/China for quite some time. Not a secret. Honda and Kymco have had a relationship for decades sharing designs and manufacturing. My Grom was made in Taiwan, and I have found nothing so far that whiffs of "cheap Chinese" or is anything but what you'd expect from a bike with the Honda name on it.

Quality products can come from China or the pacific rim countries, but then they cost similar to one made anywhere else. The difference is that Honda supervises production in these factories and enforces quality control to the same level they do in Japan. The countless companies that clone Honda products most definitely do not clone Honda quality standards- otherwise they wouldn't be able to sell a knockoff for 1/3 the price.

• Like 1

Honda has been building a lot of it's smaller bore engines and even complete bikes (under 300cc or so) as well as stationary/equipment engines in Taiwan/China for quite some time. Not a secret. Honda and Kymco have had a relationship for decades sharing designs and manufacturing. My Grom was made in Taiwan, and I have found nothing so far that whiffs of "cheap Chinese" or is anything but what you'd expect from a bike with the Honda name on it.

Quality products can come from China or the pacific rim countries, but then they cost similar to one made anywhere else. The difference is that Honda supervises production in these factories and enforces quality control to the same level they do in Japan. The countless companies that clone Honda products most definitely do not clone Honda quality standards- otherwise they wouldn't be able to sell a knockoff for 1/3 the price.

People need to settle down about made in China.  Yes, I like quality stuff also, but items can be made in china with swiss precision, or made in germany and be "Chinese" junk.  its a matter of quality control, engineering, and materials used.  Honda has staked its reputation on its products and will always do that.  but as production costs go up, labor costs need to be cut.  hence why we see the outsourcing.  although they might use Chinese laborers, they still use Japanese management, Quality control, and labor practices.  Even for fishing boats in Alaska, the Japanese might use US boats, US crew, and foreign laborers, but the fishmasters that run the whole operation are Japanese.  And they run it to a T.  This is the same for anything made outside of Japan.  Do you think Toyota just lets a bunch of goofy redneck Americans from Kentucky run their factories over here without Japanese supervision and oversight?  hardly.  Doesnt matter where they make things across the world, the Japanese are very good at keeping tight quality control standards.  

Another Japanese relationship is Honda and Lifan.  Lifan makes of lot of small engines for Honda and they still run like a Honda even though they are made in China.  And guess what.  A tundra still runs like a Toyota, even though its made in Amercia.

And in the source of information in my same post:

Lifan was busted by the EPA , big time, for not passing emissions standards, and has completely admitted to wrong doing.

And now we are subjected and read to more racism about "Goofy Redneck Americans"

Sounds like a true Hillary Supporter.

She thinks all Americans are idiots.

IMO: (And the ones that vote for her probably are)

And in the source of information in my same post:

Lifan was busted by the EPA , big time, for not passing emissions standards, and has completely admitted to wrong doing.

And now we are subjected and read to more racism about "Goofy Redneck Americans"

Sounds like a true Hillary Supporter.

She thinks all Americans are idiots.

IMO: (And the ones that vote for her probably are)

You're a tard, dude.  this is a motorcycle forum.  who cares if Lifan didn't pass emissions.  And for the record, this goofy redneck doesnt care if my V10 Ford with MT 45s  passes emissions testing either.  So get back on your american made electric motorcycles and stop getting your panties in a wad. ?   VOTE FOR PEDRO!!!!!?

You're a tard, dude. this is a motorcycle forum. who cares if Lifan didn't pass emissions. And for the record, this goofy redneck doesnt care if my V10 Ford with MT 45s passes emissions testing either. So get back on your american made electric motorcycles and stop getting your panties in a wad. ? VOTE FOR PEDRO!!!!!?

Lmao . Good one

By the way, IMO, fords suck also.