- - - - -

What Exhaust system is this?

• Please sign in to reply

5 replies to this topic
  • michiganWR426

TT Newbie

3 posts

Posted October 19, 2016 - 02:26 PM

Hey Hey...So I recently bought a used 2002 WR426. It runs great and the price was great too, but I cant figure out what brand exhaust system is on it. I have searched a ton online, and can't figure it out. There are no markings on it, which leads me to believe that it's stock. However, from what I have seen online I don't think it is. I am trying to see if I can get a spark arrestor and possibly baffle it (I ride it daily on the road). I want to try and avoid getting a new exhaust system until next season, and get it legal to take offroad this year before the Michigan weather gets nasty.

Any suggestions or ideas would be really appreciated!

Justin

Attached Thumbnails

• IMG_5569.JPG
  • IMG_5571.JPG

• ttreewalkerr

TT Bronze Member

145 posts

Posted October 19, 2016 - 02:32 PM

It's missing a cap. Not a stock can, stock is round. Look on ebay for a lexx spark arrestor.

• Krannie McKranface
36,189 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted October 19, 2016 - 03:13 PM

That exhuast is missing the END cap.

It looks a lot like an early Dr D (Dubach racing).

• foggy3061

TT Bronze Member

172 posts

Posted October 20, 2016 - 07:48 AM

Hey Hey...So I recently bought a used 2002 WR426. It runs great and the price was great too, but I cant figure out what brand exhaust system is on it. I have searched a ton online, and can't figure it out. There are no markings on it, which leads me to believe that it's stock. However, from what I have seen online I don't think it is. I am trying to see if I can get a spark arrestor and possibly baffle it (I ride it daily on the road). I want to try and avoid getting a new exhaust system until next season, and get it legal to take offroad this year before the Michigan weather gets nasty.

Any suggestions or ideas would be really appreciated!

Justin

That looks like a White brothers e-series silencer to me. The scorch marks from the disc style exit (missing) on the rear fender give it away!

It should look like this if all the end components were in place:

156108120_white-brothers-e-series-exhaus

• Krannie McKranface and michiganWR426 like this
  • Like This

• michiganWR426

TT Newbie

3 posts

Posted October 21, 2016 - 09:35 AM

Foggy - Thank you! That is the one. I actually have some of those discs that came in a box of miscellaneous parts with the bike. Now the trick will be for me to find just the end cap for sale somewhere. I was told that they are out of business so it could be challenging. So far no luck on ebay, but I will keep looking.

• tcmII

TT Bronze Member

337 posts

Posted October 21, 2016 - 10:52 AM

I have one of those complete for 400/426 and I am in Michigan.  I was going to put it on ebay, if you want to work something out, PM me.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.