How far can you get on a tank of gas?

5 replies to this topic
  • Guest_joemc_*

Posted April 07, 2002 - 04:37 PM

I just bought a 2001 YZ426 and need to know approximatly how far I can get on a tank. I generally ride along hard tracks at moderate to fast speeds.
Does anybody from West Australia know if a YZ426 can make it from Lancilin to Cervanties via the Pinnacles?

• nopremix

Posted April 07, 2002 - 07:08 PM

I have raced my 98 400f in a few hairscrambles with the stock tank. I have noticed that somewhere around 35-40 miles is the absolute best to expect. Also, you have to take in to consideration the temp outside and how hard you are on the throttle and terrain etc... I would assume that the 426 would burn more fuel because of displacement. I also have an 01' 250f and because of its smaller bore I have noticed it burns quite a bit less fuel than my 400, but I have not tested it to the limit of the tank yet.

• txthumper

Posted April 08, 2002 - 03:45 AM

my 426 will burn 3 gallons at a 50 mile cross country 4 stroke expert class...i know friends who race amat class and can go the distance on a stock tank..

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • John_Lorenz

Posted April 08, 2002 - 03:57 AM

When I was in High School, I got pretty far with Kim Love on a Full Tank of Gas :)

Hehe Couldnt resist

[ April 08, 2002: Message edited by: EgoAhole ]

• BigJoe

Posted April 08, 2002 - 06:45 PM

My 00 yz426 went 42 miles on 1 full stock tank of gas and a little to spare. My riding partner has the new cannondale 440 with the tachometer to track mileage and average speed. We did tight technical trail riding with a couple wide open miles of fire access roads here and there. lots of ups/downs, ins/outs if ya know what I mean. mainly second/third gear hard and 4th 5th on fire roads.

So Cal Drunks!

• wnut426

Posted April 08, 2002 - 08:29 PM

hi dude i hope this helps last weekend i did a ride and the course was about 80kilometers long and me and my mate were worried about making it but we both got round and the track was a nice flowing ride with some nice steep up hills and tight tracks ,we were pushing each other pretty hard and when i got back i prob had a inch off fuel in the tank so i would say about 80-90 kays on the standard tank would be about all dude

Related Content

Is the 2016 GYTR Yamaha YZ450F too fast? by Fryboy

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • * - - - -
  • Hot  241 replies

Michigan Motocross Tires by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   North
  • 1 reply

First Hare scramble tips by dhend8

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • Hot  33 replies

Thinking about Yamaha 250... by Arctic Pride

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  491 replies

Need help by Goforaride

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  68 replies

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.