02 Neutral cover switch?

4 replies to this topic
  • PK

Posted April 06, 2002 - 10:04 PM

Has anyone put a neutral cover switch on their 02 YZF426? Does it run differently? I know this debate has been brought up before and I did a search but couldn't find a conclusive answer.

Thanks,
PK

• Yz426King

Posted April 06, 2002 - 12:44 PM

I have put one on mine. Starting is much improved. I can now start without the choke when it is cold and the hotstart when it is hot. Starts like a 2 smoke; 1 kick. I removed the whole wiring jamble from the wiring loom, plus that cool blue cover looks soo trick. Now if i can just find one for my tps.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Yz426King

Posted April 06, 2002 - 12:48 PM

While you are at it do the BK mod.

• PK

Posted April 06, 2002 - 01:49 PM

What kind of improvements does the BK mod give? I was gonna ask what is involved but I think Motoman has it on his site.

Thanks,
Pat

• Yz426King

Posted April 07, 2002 - 06:51 AM

Better starting, and a slight increase in throttle responce.

Related Content

Forums
Photo

Megabomb Fitment by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 1 reply
Forums
Photo
Motocross

Thinking about Yamaha 250... by Arctic Pride

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  491 replies
Forums
Photo

Is it worth it? (Cam and High compression piston) by macgi77

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   CRF 150/230 F/L
  • Hot  36 replies
Forums
Photo

YZ450F 03 Sparks driving me crazy by SirAttard

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 5 replies
Forums
Photo

yz250x vs 450 4t comparisons (preferably desert riding) needed by JakeNorthrupYZ450F

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   Yamaha 2-Stroke
  • 9 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.