New horse in the barn...

3 replies to this topic
  • PK

Posted April 05, 2002 - 08:48 PM

I picked my new 02 YZF426 on Wednesday. I had been on the fence for quite a while about getting a replacement for my trusty 99 YZF400 steed. I decided to go with another YZF because my other one was so damn reliable. A cracked gas tank and a blown fork seal were the only mechanical's I ever had on it in over 2 years. I did one top end job last winter and found that the motor was still within specs. I have heard rumblings about the Honda's having first year bugs and it is too small for me. I'm 6'3" with size 13 feet so the short seat height and footpeg to gear shifter spacing were both too small. I know the YZF is pretty much bullet proof and handles great so I can handle the extra 10-15 lbs. I haven't ridden it yet and I already got the Pro Tapers, Applied top clamp, Hebo hydraulic clutch, TM Design chain buffer, Hurricane plastic kit, taller seat foam and just did the blue wire mod. Luckily all the parts I just swapped over from my 99. Sweet... Can't wait for Sunday. BBRRRAAAAHHHHPPPP! ! ! !

Anyone wanna buy a sweet 99 YZF400??? :)

• rvanliere

Posted April 05, 2002 - 09:02 PM

check your pm :)

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • DPW

Posted April 06, 2002 - 04:32 PM

Congrats on the new bike PK, I just did the same thing last Thursday.

• PK

Posted April 08, 2002 - 05:24 AM

Sweet, love the power but the wish the suspension would hurry up and break in...

Related Content

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.