Hot Cams Exhaust--Is this timed right?

2 replies to this topic
  • blitzer544

Posted March 19, 2004 - 11:59 PM

I installed the cam and just wondered if it is correct. Bike is hard to start when cold. Posted Image Posted Image

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Hamish

Posted March 20, 2004 - 12:41 AM

I havent personally installed a hotcams, but looking at the lobes, it looks right. If you want to be sure, put a degree wheel and dial indicator on it. I think the hotcams runs on 105deg lobe centre, but that info should have been supplied with the camshaft. I measured my stock cams and they come in at 110deg on the inlet and 101 on the exhaust (YZ timed).
If you have never degreed camshafts before, send me a PM and I'll give you instructions. Pretty easy to do, and the best way to be 100% sure it's right.

Hamish

• HotCams

Posted March 24, 2004 - 01:45 AM

It looks like the cam chain is worn and you are about a half tooth away from being good. And since it's retarded like that the decompression timing is critical, I'd say it would easily be possible for it to start hard.

Tony

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.