TT Bronze Member

222 posts

Posted October 08, 2016 - 02:21 PM

Just wondering if anybody has ran one of these and what they think of it

• Beboutd

TT Newbie

10 posts

Posted October 08, 2016 - 06:59 PM

Following, I am looking for a brighter bulb compared to the stock H4 without a whole new assembly.

• DeepPurplishBlue

TT Bronze Member

378 posts

Posted October 08, 2016 - 07:34 PM

The LED H4 bulbs are a great replacement for the stock halogen.  

I found the "unbranded" version of the cyclops bulbs on aliexpress and have been running them for a while

now.   Works great.   Most of the LED bulbs will work on AC or DC, meaning they will work in a unmodified

WR.  However, some will not and it is not always clear from the specs.  Takes a little digging to work it out.

when sourcing the LED bulbs you also need to be careful about where the wire lead exits the bulb.  Some

come straight out the back and some come out the side.   The wrong choice here results in clearance problems

with stock WR headlights.

• Super_Davee

TT Member

72 posts

Posted October 09, 2016 - 10:41 AM

I'm running the Cyclops LED on my 16 WR. Its a great alternative to swapping the entire housing, or retrofitting a projector. Its plenty bright!

• knuckleduster271

TT Bronze Member

222 posts

Posted October 09, 2016 - 12:31 PM

I bought one and it came in the mail yesterday.
My bike is an 07 and it doesn't look like its going to work...
I purchased the inline ac to dc converter/rectifier with it.
My problem is with the back of the led, it comes in contact with the steering stem at full lock (to the right mostly) but its enough to move the bulb and the housing.
Did anyone have to modify anything to make these work?
I was thinking about buying a 12+ wr lamp conversion but the folks at cylops said there are clearance issues using that light- sounds like the same issue im having with my 07 globe.

• stevethe

Get Help Now

5,231 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted October 10, 2016 - 06:44 AM

I bought one and it came in the mail yesterday.
My bike is an 07 and it doesn't look like its going to work...
I purchased the inline ac to dc converter/rectifier with it.
My problem is with the back of the led, it comes in contact with the steering stem at full lock (to the right mostly) but its enough to move the bulb and the housing.
Did anyone have to modify anything to make these work?
I was thinking about buying a 12+ wr lamp conversion but the folks at cylops said there are clearance issues using that light- sounds like the same issue im having with my 07 globe.

I have one sitting on a bench. It appears you need to make brackets to either move the top or bottom of the headlight shell for the 07-11. Mine came with different bulb fittings that I thought I might use on my 16' but it doesn't really fit with the rubber gasket on that either.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.