MX2 sandbagger shows the US supercross king how it's done

(Could be spoilers.)

But obviously it was jet lag.

Hope Tim hasn't hurt himself too much, he clearly wasn't at it in the last race. Really want to see him race next week.

Oh for sure jet lag! Heads up racing? R - i - g - h - t.... Are you some kind of Greco-Roman, Narci? Every race is an asterisk race in today's world. So what happened? Where's some race news on this. I'm seeing nothing at the MXGP website.

Edited by Hendricus

(Could be spoilers.)

But obviously it was jet lag.

Hope Tim hasn't hurt himself too much, he clearly wasn't at it in the last race. Really want to see him race next week.

I lost my Cracker Jacks decoder ring, so I have zero idea what youre saying. 

• Like 7

I'm seeing:
Dungey got the overall.
Herlings got a win, and second overall.
Musquin got 3rd overall. Go Marv!
Gajser won the first moto then it looks like he crashed out in second moto, and achieved 5th in 3rd moto.

http://www.motoxaddicts.com/2016/10/08/race-results-2016-smx-riders-and-manufacturers-cup/

Edited by Hendricus
  • Like 1

Spoiler Alert!
Don't read MX forums - such as TT, if you don't want to gather race news.

Fair Warning!
Don't read Thumber Talk if you are annoyed by off color commentary, and often just wrong commentary, tangents, and petty arguing.

Edited by Hendricus
  • Like 4

Judging only from the results, but it looks like Dungey is back strong. Maybe no return "ramp up" needed. Hope he's in contention for the million next week.

Herlings should beg his team, book some flights and give it a go at the MEC next week. By moto-3 of the SMX Herling's is thinking, "Hmmm, so this is how SX works."

I think the SMX moto's were short, so it could have been a "hole shot to win it" type of race. We shall see when we watch it.

Edited by Hendricus

Yup as I thought, they forgot the whoops sections. Gives a fighting chance to the other "non AC" guys. What a waste of straight aways.

Wow. They forgot a lot of stuff. That track is way flatter than a typical SX track too. I think there was a sand corner though.

Let's compare it the 2015 MEC track:

Edited by Hendricus

Several times during the 3 motos, the commentators stated it was designed to be an indoor motocross track and not a supercross track.

What do you think of the track? I get the point of the "intended" track, but what they actual achieved was a pretty flat track. If they wanted an MX track, they should have moved in about 10X the amount of dirt. I think even the Atlanta GP track had more "hills" in it than this thing did.

Note that I'm only yaking about the track. I've yet to watch the race. In the highlights Tixier looks aggressive on that Kawi. They still might have had some good racing on this track - or not. It might not have been a very good track for passing.

Edited by Hendricus

It was impressive to see herlings come from a last place to 4th in the 2nd race and from 8th in the last race , blew by Dungey who got the holeshot and checked out, Dungey was beat by each world champion in each race , he was trying hard and nearly went over the bars once (as did others ) it wasn't sx but it wasn't mx either imo , the races were long compared to sx , Dungey did a Dungey and did well in each race and won the overall, he needs to hope roczen doesn't have a 16type outdoor season in sx for 17 , as it won't get him the sx title

I would expect sx riders to adapt to this track far better than mx riders , it needed good timing more than aggression, I hope Osborne is OK as he disappeared and no one said what happened

Edited by mog
  • Like 1

Wow. They forgot a lot of stuff. That track is way flatter than a typical SX track too. I think there was a sand corner though.

The track in Schalke was never supposed to be SX-Track.

We have enough time to look at boring Jump-o-Cross from A1 on

Edited by twinshocker
  • Like 1

I would change the title of this thread to U.S. Champ shows the Euro's how it's done...

Your not gonna see a lot out of the Dung until A1. I don't expect to see him take any chances at MEC either. He could loose way more than a mil.
  • Like 2