- - - - -

2016 WR450 Having issues with setup "Help Plz"

• Please sign in to reply

2 replies to this topic
  • Ka0sX

TT Bronze Member

179 posts

Posted October 06, 2016 - 04:30 PM

So iam having a hard time getting this setup to my liking, The other day was messing with clickers and stuff and front end took a dive on a burm bike did a 270 lol

Ass end kicks out off a jump, I dont do jumps that often but just the odd time its like i was landing almost side ways hitting jump straight not on an "ANGLE"

Also coming out of a turn and i twist the throttle as end is all over the place is there something i can do to keep it tracking staright instead of it being so slippery like its on "ICE"

Also what sag do WR'S actually prefer to be at Last time i done mine is was 110 but forgot to put helmet on realized that after i had done it lol

The stock rear spring is good for my weight 87.6 kilo "193 LBS" With gear i'am 93kilo 205lbs, I can adjust sag and have a good static sag number

What clicker setting would be ideal for a combination of rocky kills, Straight gravel rocky fireroads, In australia i ride in the outback lots of 4wheel drive tracks with shit tone of pot holes My ribs feel every single one feels like i get hit by a truck lol AVG on these tracks bout 80-100KPH

Also with clicker count it does my head in lol

When i go full in CW, When count out is the first click 0 or 1, 

Because if i count 1st click as 1 then when i go back in i'am 1 click short of what it should be if i want 13out and go back in i only get 12 in confusing the hell outta me

Would appreciate any help at all

Also tried forks lowered in triple clamps 5mm last week and i actually seemed faster on the bike then the stock settings of raised 5mm, Any idea why that is?

• Krannie McKranface
36,198 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted October 06, 2016 - 07:10 PM

Sounds like most of your issues are riding technique

You should be weighting the outside peg on any turn with as much pressure as you can to keep traction

You roll the throttle on 90% of the time

Set your sag to 25/100

You may not be able to with the springs you have.

This is the most important setting.

Turning the clickers in, SOFTLY  bottom the clicker. A  partial turn is past the last/first click.  Ignore it.

Put the clickers back to stock until you set your sag and practice your technique.

• Ka0sX

TT Bronze Member

179 posts

Posted October 06, 2016 - 09:35 PM

Sounds like most of your issues are riding technique

You should be weighting the outside peg on any turn with as much pressure as you can to keep traction

You roll the throttle on 90% of the time

Set your sag to 25/100

You may not be able to with the springs you have.

This is the most important setting.

Turning the clickers in, SOFTLY  bottom the clicker. A  partial turn is past the last/first click.  Ignore it.

Put the clickers back to stock until you set your sag and practice your technique.

Krannie to the the rescue, will follow your advice probs is just me have not rode since 2009 upuntill 2 months ago so 1000k's is not much lol esp with these new bikes so much bloody power

Iam in need of a new rear tire, Going to give a 120/100-18 K772 CARLSBAD, Stock front is a metzeler six days extreme 21" would replace that aswell but still shitload of thread left on it or should i stretch this weeks pay and do front aswell with a better 1 whats yor thought on 

the carlsbad + 6 days extreme front OEM tire, Only replacing back as i need to lol

Edited by Ka0sX, October 06, 2016 - 10:48 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.