* * * * -

Related Garage

2016 yz450f.jpg

Yamaha YZ450F (2016)

Owner: Goof331
Added on December 04, 2016
Photo
- - - - -

Rekluse core Manual with Torque Drive oil amount?

• Please sign in to reply

7 replies to this topic
  • CaptainKnobby

TT Addict

4,458 posts

Posted October 05, 2016 - 07:34 AM

Just wondering about if you have to add any extra oil to your 450 when you have this whole clutch installed? Reason I ask is when I installed this clutch by Rekluse, I noticed how much bigger the clutch side cover was over the stock one.

So since this clutch contains like 12 discs and has a bigger cover I was just wondering if you had to add any extra oil to the quanity

• grayracer513
42,895 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted October 05, 2016 - 10:58 AM

Up to the '14 models, the answer to that was a clear "no".  They were dry sump systems, and a deeper clutch cover did not increase their capacity because the oil was stored in the front of the engine.

With wet sump such as in the '14+, it might affect oil level, but I doubt it.  The clutch is likely higher than the oil level.  Put your normal oil amount in, run it for a bit, and see what the sight glass says.

Edited by grayracer513, October 14, 2016 - 10:18 AM.
correction, clarity

• CaptainKnobby

TT Addict

4,458 posts

Posted October 05, 2016 - 02:53 PM

I put n the recommended amount which was .73 quart 690.838 ml, 23.36 ounce
I started it up and let it run and while it was running I stooped down and looked at the sight glass. You could see the oil level start to decline, it went from the sight glass showing nothing at all to climbing up to the "A" mark on the sight glass where it finally stopped climbing at this point and stayed after 2mins of run time.

I shut the bike off and waited for 1min and the level f oil in the sight glass was still on the mark. Now .........the book says below this mark .....to add oil

Now being that the Rekluse cover is larger and even though the clutch plates are above the oil level, I went ahead and added oil till the oil level in the sight glassed raised past the "a" Mark about 3/4 the way up past the Mark. Still had a 1/4 free space in the sight glass at top.
Started it back up let it run for 2min's and shut it off and waited 1min and checked sight glass. Level was up 3/4 in the glass. Unscrewed the oil check bolt and no oil came out so I left as is.
Believe for now on I will just put in 1 liter when changing oil as long as I have this Rekluse core torque drive manual on.

I also called Rekluse and they said it was ok to add extra oil since the cover was bigger but wasn't necessary. Also I asked em if they had any plans to convert the Torque Drive manual to a auto core manual.......said it was in the works.

• CaptainKnobby

TT Addict

4,458 posts

Posted October 13, 2016 - 11:01 PM

Does anyone know if you need to replace the clutch springs on these Rekluse clutchs like you would on a stock clutch?
Right now on my Torque Drive clutch I am using the Red springs on my clutch. The clutch has about 9hrs on it now so I should ne good on plates and springs for awhile.
Just wondering if I need to replace the springs at or about 25hrs?

• jimbopitts

TT Bronze Member

148 posts

Posted October 14, 2016 - 03:49 AM

Rekluse says their parts are good for 40 hours, but as always thats a general number. Some guys can get more some will get less

• grayracer513
42,895 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted October 14, 2016 - 10:32 AM

I put n the recommended amount which was .73 quart 690.838 ml, 23.36 ounce
I started it up ....

[...]

Believe for now on I will just put in 1 liter when changing oil as long as I have this Rekluse core torque drive manual on.

I also called Rekluse and they said it was ok to add extra oil since the cover was bigger but wasn't necessary. Also I asked em if they had any plans to convert the Torque Drive manual to a auto core manual.......said it was in the works.

Your observation was that the additional oil did not raise the level in the glass, and didn't show up at the check bolt suggests that there's someplace for the  oil to spill out into.  Makes it seem like the cover adds capacity, but 270mL?  There's more to it somewhere.

Did he really tell you an "auto core manual" was in the works, or did you just mistype that?

• CaptainKnobby

TT Addict

4,458 posts

Posted October 14, 2016 - 01:59 PM

No........I asked him if they had a conversion kit or if you could convert the Torque Drive over to an Auto clutch. Said ......as of right now they do not,but to check back in a couple months that they were working on it.

• CaptainKnobby

TT Addict

4,458 posts

Posted November 24, 2016 - 06:00 PM

Guess this is what they were working on. Dont quite know if this is what I was wanting.
I bought a Rekluse Torque Drive clutch for my 450 nack a few months ago.
Now if I was wanting to convert my Torque Drive clutch to a Auto clutch.........is this the product I need to do it? Or just need the EXP ring now? By the sound of what all is in this RadiusX clutch .......sounds like all I am missing is the EXP 3.0 disc......to mu understanding.
Correct me if I am wrong but thats what it sounds like to me.

RadiusX combines the best of both worlds: TorqDrive® thin friction technology and our flagship automatic EXP disk. All the anti-stalling benefits of our EXP technology with improved torque transfer.
Radius X Clutch
RadiusX combines the best of both Rekluse worlds, adding our thin friction TorqDrive® technology to our flagship automatic EXP disk that fits within an OEM clutch footprint. With RadiusX, we’ve created a high-performing automatic clutch at a mid-range price point for riders on the trail or track.

CHAMPIONSHIP-PROVEN TORQDRIVE®
– Increased performance and durability
– Responsive throttle, feels like the throttle is connected to the rear wheel
– Snappier, stronger engagement/feel
– Increased torque capacity empowers the rider to use the motor’s full potential
– Reduced clutch fade FLAGSHIP EXP TECHNOLOGY
– Prevents engine stalls
– Smooth engagement
– Manual clutch use is retained
– Have more fun with less energy and less fatigue
– Boosts rider confidence over all types of terrain

BENEFITS OF THE NEW LINE
-On-the-fly external adjustment for cable models
-An automatic clutch that puts more power to the ground
-Improved torque transfer over OEM
-Reduced clutch fade
-Longer clutch pack life with less adjustment over time
-Custom basket sleeves dramatically reduce clutch wear and basket notching
-More direct connection to manipulate the motor’s horsepower by reducing free play
-Precise, consistent modulation and less action required to override the clutch

PART#
RMS-6307076
PRICE
$599.00

Related Content

Forums
Photo

Snake pit oct 30th by The Anvil

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   California
  • Hot  293 replies
Forums
Photo

yz250x vs 450 4t comparisons (preferably desert riding) needed by JakeNorthrupYZ450F

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   Yamaha 2-Stroke
  • 9 replies
Wiki
WR Camshaft Swap Info - last post by jamesm113

WR Camshaft Swap Info

Articles
  • 0 replies
Forums
Photo
Motocross

Thinking about Yamaha 250... by Arctic Pride

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  491 replies
Forums
Photo

YZ450F 03 Sparks driving me crazy by SirAttard

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 5 replies

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.