• Please sign in to reply

4 replies to this topic
  • Ptch5636

TT Newbie

10 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted October 02, 2016 - 08:17 PM

Hi All on the Yammy forum,

My 2012 WR450F makes a backfiring type pop on decceleration. What is likely to be the cause?

It was a loud backfire with the baffle out after i bought it but not frequent, now with the baffle back in it is still there but now a popping sound.

Could it be the exhaust is cracked or not sealed at the joins? Could it be engine issues like valves or running lean? Has anyone else had this? Any input appreciated..

Aussie WR rider

• Ptch5636

TT Newbie

10 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted October 02, 2016 - 09:55 PM

Ive heard that backfiring is typically caused by an improperley sealed midpipe / head pipe join, so will check that.. But just wanting to know if it can be caused by valve adjustment? Bike has low k's at under 2k.

Thanks

• Krannie McKranface
36,164 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted October 03, 2016 - 12:57 PM

Hi All on the Yammy forum,

My 2012 WR450F makes a backfiring type pop on decceleration. What is likely to be the cause?

It was a loud backfire with the baffle out after i bought it but not frequent, now with the baffle back in it is still there but now a popping sound.

Could it be the exhaust is cracked or not sealed at the joins? Could it be engine issues like valves or running lean? Has anyone else had this? Any input appreciated..

Aussie WR rider

Can't modify the exahust without remapping, which hopefull you alraeady did using the GYTR ECU and tuner.

• Ptch5636

TT Newbie

10 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted October 03, 2016 - 04:07 PM

Thats what i thought, cant change fuel without mapping, so Ive tried resealing the joint at the midpipe of exhaust and hopefully that will solve it..

Need to go for a ride as it wont happen on the stand and weather is shocking

• Krannie McKranface
36,164 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted October 03, 2016 - 05:39 PM

Have you been filtering your gas before it goes in the tank?

Have you serviced the fuel injection nozzle?

Have you calibrated your TPS?

Have you cleaned the Throttle Body from the dirt that alwasy finds it's way into the intake?

If you have an exahust leak you can find it in 30 seconds.

Start the bike.

Take a large bath towel that has been moistened with water (but no water comes out) and cover up the end of the  exhaust.

If you have a leak, you will hear it leaking.

The header crush washer, the midpipe joint, and the mufflers joints are the spots.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.