How much is my bike worth?

Worst bike I ever bought!

2004 YZ125, have over 26 invested in a complete rebuild. Was done about 7 months ago in March. I still have it, Dropped price to 22. Total price of all parts with ZERO in my resto labor. Still no bites. Well, I won't sell for less than that, so it will probably come to AZ with me next year and be my little bitch at Alto Pit OHV. That's a small riding area just up the street from my house.

When I bought it:

1200 ran fantastic, just needed bits and bobs, but I did a top end and main bearings anyway.

IMG_2800.JPG

How it sits today: full resto, top end, main bearings, all seals and gaskets, PC frame, plastics, graphics, new tires/tubes, repaired pipe, repack silencer, exhaust hangers, grips, cables, etc. etc. etc.

IMG_3529.JPG

Because I run a little side job, I would rather keep, than take the loss. I can ride the piss out of it for a year or two then won't care if I sell for 13-15. So fix your bike and enjoy it, that 250 trade or purchase is a bad deal. Wait until you need to just do a top end on it!

Edited by PALMER84ONE
  • Like 2

Palmer,

curious how much $$ to powder coat the frame?

Perhaps that's an extra cost that adds in making the minimum asking price higher than buyers are willing to pay.

You like I probably restore things in the best condition possible but

maybe someone looking at a 12 year bike can live without the PC in exchange of a lower purchase price.

• Like 1

Palmer,

curious how much $$ to powder coat the frame?

Perhaps that's an extra cost that adds in making the minimum asking price higher than buyers are willing to pay.

You like I probably restore things in the best condition possible but

maybe someone looking at a 12 year bike can live without the PC in exchange of a lower purchase price.

Shops by me charge anywhere from 162.00 to 375.00, I have used the 162.00 once, but my good riding buddy runs maintenance at a few in Ontario, so it's less than that plus he does hubs and clutch covers.

The location has a lot to do with the value of a bike.

The market in Massachusetts could be fairly unique to the Northeastern area, so to ask "How much is my bike worth" on a forum with a national (even international!) membership will rarely get you pertinent answers.

Good luck.

Yea except for the fact that most of the people who replied are correct.

I'm not bagging on dudes bike. I would like to have it myself. Honestly though, the 4 stroke revolution also brought chassis and suspension upgrades that aren't found on older smokers. You can buy a new yz or ktm and get some of it but most people want a fully adjustable, works suspended and framed, titanium piped rocket. I paid 8grand for my newest bike (2016 yz450f new) and after you ride it, 2001 yz125s are obsolete, feel like a trail bike with a weird powerband. I had my 03 cr250 up until last year, beautiful machine....lost my ass, but it was better that someone rides it then letting it just sit there getting dusty. Moral of the tale....after 2010, things changed FAST and there ARE obsolete bikes out there that are fun to ride and have a helluva time on.....just don't expect premium dollar for them.