Is this bike a good deal? 2005 WR450F Plated $2700

• Please sign in to reply

5 replies to this topic
  • travisantonissen

TT Member

76 posts

Posted September 29, 2016 - 08:20 PM

Thinking about getting this bike. 

Just looking for opinions to make sure I'm not getting ripped off. What would you guys pay or shoot for?

• Krannie McKranface
35,704 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted September 29, 2016 - 08:31 PM

Probably won't have any 'problems', but consider the fact the the more reliable a dirt bike is, the more hours every part has on it!

• RR@ARS

TT Gold Member

1,086 posts

Posted September 30, 2016 - 05:45 AM

If your goal is to get a CA plate for it, then having a plated out of state title is the way to go.  Trying to convert a CA off-road bike to street legal is much more difficult.

Edited by RR@ARS, September 30, 2016 - 05:47 AM.

• elrontx

TT Gold Member

1,291 posts

Posted September 30, 2016 - 06:06 PM

it seems like a fair deal but you have to inspect it throughly. he posted 2700 obo so you could probably get it for around 23 mabye 2500. just remember getting a good used bike its better then having the best deal. their good preforming reliable bikes,  just make sure to change the oil often.

• vanxr

TT Newbie

23 posts

Posted October 05, 2016 - 01:36 PM

Did you decide not to buy this bike?  Did you look at it?  I'm considering it for a buddy of mine.  Was there anything wrong with it?  I know those older WR's are bullet-proof.

• travisantonissen

TT Member

76 posts

Posted October 05, 2016 - 02:55 PM

I'm still thinking about it. $2,500 is still a pretty penny for me to drop down. It's still on Craigslist, you can go get it if you want..

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.