Okay fine, then it's time for a NEW Smoker thread

Mighty mouse, yea once you are beyond the clickers then a revalve is next. I just like the idea of doing my best to achieve "close enough" before opting to drop coin on a revalve.

Without a doubt! Im just completely off the spectrum, so I guess you are right for "regular weight" people...revalving may not be nearly as drastic in their scenarios 

Edited by Speed-Freek

Just watched a video from moto lab on youtube, they seem to have the xplor figured.

I think I'll spring it for my extra, extra weight and ride it and play with the clickers.  Then when it comes time to do the seals and oil, if I feel there is some shortcoming that needs to be addressed, I'll look into then.

I called TBT and asked if they could get springs.  I couldn't get 2 words in without interrupting on how I just HAD to have it revalved and the bladder put in the shock.  I shouldn't even think about riding it without a revalve.  It will be sooo much more plush on the initial stroke and......Harumph :goofy:  :goofy:

• Like 1

I think I'll spring it for my extra, extra weight and ride it and play with the clickers.  Then when it comes time to do the seals and oil, if I feel there is some shortcoming that needs to be addressed, I'll look into then.

I called TBT and asked if they could get springs.  I couldn't get 2 words in without interrupting on how I just HAD to have it revalved and the bladder put in the shock.  I shouldn't even think about riding it without a revalve.  It will be sooo much more plush on the initial stroke and......Harumph :goofy:  :goofy:

Have you considered moto-lab? In the video i watched, he talked about the springs and having them in stock(i think). He seemed to be impressed with the stock components and did a quick walk through of the forks. Im sure they can be dialed in nicely, but it probably comes down to time and money just like everything else.

The aer forks are getting some nice comments. Has me thinking about doubling up on seal savers and taking a chance haha.

• Like 1

rode this motorized mountain bike today and i can say without a doubt, i got a boner.

don't tell my other girlfriend, the beefy 500 EXC, she may get a bit jealous.

suspension... it's f*king sweet! out of the box, clickered it to comfort front and rear, compression and rebound, and it rode smooth. never bottomed out. never felt like it was drifting or busy.

for me though, this was like riding someone else's bike.

the ergonomics will be changing with bar risers/BRP rubber mount and Scotts Steering damper.

also, now that i'm in Rekluse rehab and no mountain bike LHRB i was off for a few corners, and no Steg Pegz was fine, but i've gotten used to them.

and the shop had my air screw out 5 TURNS!?!!!?!

WTF

hahaha

it's supposed to be out 2 turns. yikes!

so a little carburetor adjustment was needed as well.

the seat isn't as bad as previous years.

the foot pegs are better than previous years.

the shifter is new and felt good.

the stock tires Dunlop AT81 felt good at 10-12 lbs (regular tubes blech).

but mutha f*ka this thing rules!

question for the 2 stroke guys here especially the 300 riders ... what mix do you do?

60:1 like the manual says or 40:1?

i've heard both.

Edited by RAZR_
  • Like 2

He is right near Factory Connection and uses them for parts in stuff.  He sent me over their once to get my Nitrogen cause he didn't have the adapter to fill my shock.  

Factory Connection had a MILLION BAZILLION SPRINGS ON THE SHELF.  I'd call them.

rode this motorized mountain bike today and i can say without a doubt, i got a boner.

don't tell my other girlfriend, the beefy 500 EXC, she may get a bit jealous.

suspension... it's f*king sweet! out of the box, clickered it to comfort front and rear, compression and rebound, and it rode smooth. never bottomed out. never felt like it was drifting or busy.

for me though, this was like riding someone else's bike.

the ergonomics will be changing with bar risers/BRP rubber mount and Scotts Steering damper.

also, now that i'm in Rekluse rehab and no mountain bike LHRB i was off for a few corners, and no Steg Pegz was fine, but i've gotten used to them.

and the shop had my air screw out 5 TURNS!?!!!?!

WTF

hahaha

it's supposed to be out 2 turns. yikes!

so a little carburetor adjustment was needed as well.

the seat isn't as bad as previous years.

the foot pegs are better than previous years.

the shifter is new and felt good.

the stock tires Dunlop AT81 felt good at 10-12 lbs (regular tubes blech).

but mutha f*ka this thing rules!

question for the 2 stroke guys here especially the 300 riders ... what mix do you do?

60:1 like the manual says or 40:1?

i've heard both.

I run 50 to 1 klotz R50 and have had it with no water so hot making more noise than a diesel pinging many times and haven't seized it (yet?)

• Like 2

I've also been running 50:1 . . . started at 40:1, but after a while it seemed unnecessary.  I run the Maxima K2 . . . Z Racing had suggested it when I got the bike mentioning it burned cleaner than the others they'd seen and kept the PV cleaner than many of the others.  I bet I could run 60:1 without any issue but it makes me nervous.

KTMTalk get a quote feature . . . :lame:  Finally got a response . . . quoted 9099 . . . That's MSRP that's on every website out there . . . seems like a pointless service.

Edited by schmo

Thoughts on this vs. a Tugger strap for the back? 

https://www.rockymountainatvmc.com/p/1043/37470/Enduro-Engineering-KTM-Grab-Handle?v=13122

Also not sure which Rad Guards to get.  The EE look just like the braces I have on my 250 which I like better than the ones I have on my 450 that have the frontal piece and seem stronger . . . also the ones I have on the 450 required a lot of trimming to the shrouds.  Wondering how these two options match up . . .

https://www.rockymountainatvmc.com/p/965/67648/Bullet-Proof-Designs-Radiator-Guards?v=13122

https://www.rockymountainatvmc.com/p/965/37402/Enduro-Engineering-Radiator-Braces?v=13122

I'm still going to follow up if any good leads come over this morning, but am pretty comfortable with the deal I've worked out, so hopefully the roof guy calls me soon and I can make sure the new roof isn't going to break the bank before I buy a new toy.  Worried about not being able to get a sparky for it though, they look like they're not available for a few weeks.

https://www.rockymountainatvmc.com/p/1043/37470/Enduro-Engineering-KTM-Grab-Handle?v=13122

Also not sure which Rad Guards to get.  The EE look just like the braces I have on my 250 which I like better than the ones I have on my 450 that have the frontal piece and seem stronger . . . also the ones I have on the 450 required a lot of trimming to the shrouds.  Wondering how these two options match up . . .

https://www.rockymountainatvmc.com/p/965/67648/Bullet-Proof-Designs-Radiator-Guards?v=13122

https://www.rockymountainatvmc.com/p/965/37402/Enduro-Engineering-Radiator-Braces?v=13122

I'm still going to follow up if any good leads come over this morning, but am pretty comfortable with the deal I've worked out, so hopefully the roof guy calls me soon and I can make sure the new roof isn't going to break the bank before I buy a new toy.  Worried about not being able to get a sparky for it though, they look like they're not available for a few weeks.

If that grab handle is the solid bolt on one, i dont recommend it. I had one, i believe it to be the cause of my subframe breaks. Atleast it was the first time. I have a tugger now and im much happier with it anyways.

I wish i would have went with the enduro engineering rad braces when i replaced my rads. Take a look at the emperor guards as well. The bpd style guards seem to be what all the kids are doing these days.

Roof quote came in where it needed to be.  Looks like I'm getting a new bike this weekend . . . most likely going to go pick it up today here in CA as originally planned.  Going to call Munn one more time and will reach out the the KS joint, but the feeling I'm getting is these are brand new bikes that they are going to have no problem moving, not like I'm looking for a 16 . . . by the time you factor in the 400 bucks in shipping, it seems like you've lost a lot of if not all the savings.

• Like 3

Also not sure which Rad Guards to get. The EE look just like the braces I have on my 250 which I like better than the ones I have on my 450 that have the frontal piece and seem stronger . . . also the ones I have on the 450 required a lot of trimming to the shrouds. Wondering how these two options match up . . .

I'm still going to follow up if any good leads come over this morning, but am pretty comfortable with the deal I've worked out, so hopefully the roof guy calls me soon and I can make sure the new roof isn't going to break the bank before I buy a new toy. Worried about not being able to get a sparky for it though, they look like they're not available for a few weeks.

No tugger strap needed, has a hand hold built in right under the seat.