- - - - -

YZ450F Exhaust on a WR450F

• Please sign in to reply

3 replies to this topic
  • Richard Hughes

TT Newbie

13 posts

Posted September 29, 2016 - 12:36 PM

Hey guys I have an 2008 WR450F. All YZ type free mods performed. Stock head pipe but a GYRT muffler.

Has anybody tried running the 2006-2009 YZ450F exhaust systems on these bikes? I have noticed the YZ has a larger diameter head pipe than the WR. 

*I have a new FMF 2006-2009 YZ450F muffler but the mid pipe will not fit the WR450 head pipe, even if using the WR mid to head pipe gasket. 

• stevethe

Get Help Now

5,245 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted September 29, 2016 - 01:44 PM

Hey guys I have an 2008 WR450F. All YZ type free mods performed. Stock head pipe but a GYRT muffler.

Has anybody tried running the 2006-2009 YZ450F exhaust systems on these bikes? I have noticed the YZ has a larger diameter head pipe than the WR. 

*I have a new FMF 2006-2009 YZ450F muffler but the mid pipe will not fit the WR450 head pipe, even if using the WR mid to head pipe gasket.

Only the 08 and 09 YZ450 has the larger head pipe. It goes right into the FMF mid section. FMF has adapters to adapt the other head pipes.

• Richard Hughes

TT Newbie

13 posts

Posted September 30, 2016 - 07:59 AM

Only the 08 and 09 YZ450 has the larger head pipe. It goes right into the FMF mid section. FMF has adapters to adapt the other head pipes.

Thanks, I didn't see anything like the mentioned adapters on their web site. Maybe I'll call.

• Agazza

TT Bronze Member

124 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted October 03, 2016 - 11:47 AM

I have a Franken pipe with a 08 yz header and the same big yz big end, but with the long Wr muffler attached to it, gutted out somewhat.

It's quiet and it feels more powerfull then the gytr kit

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.