- - - - -

Street legal 1999 wr400f

• Please sign in to reply

4 replies to this topic
  • KingofSpain

TT Newbie

5 posts

Posted September 29, 2016 - 11:38 AM

I have found this 1999 wr400f for sale that is street legal and was wondering how the bike works as a dual sport. I am looking for a new bike as my crf230l is no longer doing it for me on or off road and am considering a wr400. Any info on the bike would be much appreciated thanks,

• ALEXELY925

TT Newbie

19 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted October 04, 2016 - 05:07 PM

I have a 2000 WR 400 and I love it. I would say I use it for about 80% on the road use. Does gray on road with some re-gearing. Kickstarts first or second try almost always. The only issue I have is the previous owner wired it kind of...well...shitty. Having issues with my lights. Other than that great bike.

• Krannie McKranface
36,181 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted October 04, 2016 - 05:14 PM

That's a pretty old bike.

You better like to work on motors and stuff....

You would be better off with a 2007+ WR450F. Should be easy to find a plated one.

• tcmII

TT Bronze Member

337 posts

Posted October 05, 2016 - 11:48 AM

I have a '98 Wr400 - DEAD reliable.  Do the typical maintenance properly and you should be fine.  If you are not sure of the current state of maintenance, start with the basics; oil change and air filter.  From there you can work into bigger projects.  I check the valves once a year,  after the first adjustment, I haven't had to adjust them since I got it as a 6 year old bike.

Edited by tcmII, October 05, 2016 - 11:50 AM.

• KingofSpain

TT Newbie

5 posts

Posted October 10, 2016 - 05:26 PM

Thanks everybody but sadly that bike got away from me.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.