99 WR400 Won't Idle

No replies to this topic
  • Kmd.Exe

Posted September 28, 2016 - 10:58 AM

Haven't ridden my WR400 in a while. Cleaned the carb and jets, and now it takes around 4 kicks to start cold (used to take 1-2), but it will not idle (the idle is turned all the way up) and to start it I have to give it the tiniest bit of gas or it will never start. This is difficult because if I give it too much gas it will kick back at me and not fire.

I noticed when cleaning the carb that the whole accelerator pump rod and linkage is gone! There's just a hole where the rod should go into. I have not been able to find the linkage for sale anywhere online, but I am wondering if that is even what is causing my idling/starting issues? I thought the accelerator pump just eliminated the bog when accelerating.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.