- - - - -

FMF factory 4.1 ti slip on 16 Wr450f

• Please sign in to reply

6 replies to this topic
  • michale

TT Bronze Member

203 posts

Posted September 24, 2016 - 05:11 PM

Went from stock with the GYTR insert to the FMF and noticed a difference right away. It was running lean so I changed the map. Ran into a ranger so I asked them to do a dB test. I had to know. They have a chart they follow for rpm. For this bike the test is done at 4500 rpm. At 3500 rpm and the supplied spark arrestor installed it tested at 97.5 dB. The legal limit for Ca state parks and Forrest is 96 dB. The ranger said they do not ticket for a couple dB over but if you run into a prick or piss one off they can. It sounds great. The FMF is a few inches shorter and considerably lighter. The fit was spot on. The only thing I didn't like was the pipe doesn't clamp on like the stock pipe did. The directions tell you to use high temp silicone at the connection. Come on FMF, you can do better than that.
M. image.jpeg

• Ka0sX

TT Bronze Member

178 posts

Posted September 24, 2016 - 05:30 PM

Nice i have the stainless steel version on the way, The slip on

Did you use the high temp silicone or just slip it on and bolt it ?

I have wr2016 aswell could you do alittle vid of the sound

• michale

TT Bronze Member

203 posts

Posted September 24, 2016 - 05:44 PM

Nice i have the stainless steel version on the way, The slip on

Did you use the high temp silicone or just slip it on and bolt it ?

I have wr2016 aswell could you do alittle vid of the sound

I used the high temp silicone. I thinly coated the male side and wiped off the excess.
I will see if I can get a video during tomorrow's ride.
M.

• michale

TT Bronze Member

203 posts

Posted September 26, 2016 - 09:59 AM

Can't edit above post. The chart says test at 3500 rpm not 4500 rpm. Bottom line is with the new aussie map this thing rips.image.jpeg

• Ka0sX

TT Bronze Member

178 posts

Posted September 27, 2016 - 08:11 PM

Can't edit above post. The chart says test at 3500 rpm not 4500 rpm. Bottom line is with the new aussie map this thing rips.attachicon.gifimage.jpeg

Hey mate just wondering mine will be here tomorrow and i'am wondering do you go right down, to the kickstart area and take that bracket of and dissconnect from there or do i some how just take the exhaust end off ?

This is the one i will have

http://www.mxstore.c...ess-4.1/6107153

Edited by Ka0sX, September 27, 2016 - 08:15 PM.

• michale

TT Bronze Member

203 posts

Posted September 28, 2016 - 06:15 AM

The new exhaust slips in to the stock pipe in front of the kick starter. You undo the pipe clamp then work your way up the pipe removing bolts with the one by the seat last. The stock one will slide out. When you have the new one in your hand you will see.

Edited by michale, September 28, 2016 - 06:16 AM.

• Ka0sX

TT Bronze Member

178 posts

Posted September 29, 2016 - 12:22 AM

The new exhaust slips in to the stock pipe in front of the kick starter. You undo the pipe clamp then work your way up the pipe removing bolts with the one by the seat last. The stock one will slide out. When you have the new one in your hand you will see.

yeah worked that out mate thanks

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.