2005 WR450F whats it worth?

• Please sign in to reply

5 replies to this topic
  • Flaminchiten1967

TT Bronze Member

131 posts

Posted September 22, 2016 - 11:53 AM

Hi all,

Not sure if this is the right place for this or not. I have a 2005 WR450F that I parked in 2007 and it has not been ridden or started since. It is in great shape and has some mods done to it (all free mods, titanium slip on, radiator guards, reusable oil filter, some other little things).

My problem is I am unable to get it running, no idea what could be wrong and I don't have much time to fix it, I would like to just sell it as is but have no idea what it could be worth. Is there any ballpark I could start in? is $2,000 too much to ask for this?

Thank you advance.

• DPete

TT Member

75 posts

Posted September 22, 2016 - 03:46 PM

Did you leave gas in it that long?

• stevethe

Get Help Now

5,213 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted September 22, 2016 - 04:39 PM

Replace the jets and put in new gas. Most people only buy bikes that are running.

• Krannie McKranface
36,164 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted September 22, 2016 - 08:01 PM

^ that

New pilot, new gas, remove the float needle and polish it and the cavity it sits in.

If you see lots of green corrosion, you will need to pull the carb and soak it in simple green.

• Flaminchiten1967

TT Bronze Member

131 posts

Posted September 26, 2016 - 01:40 PM

Thanks for the pointers all, I will try and find some time to do the above mentioned in the next couple weeks.

• ttreewalkerr

TT Bronze Member

145 posts

Posted September 26, 2016 - 02:04 PM

Thanks for the pointers all, I will try and find some time to do the above mentioned in the next couple weeks.

Running, 2100 - 2200. Assuming it's in good shape.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.