RPMs Hang upon deceleration

2 replies to this topic
  • cranestalker

Posted March 19, 2004 - 04:29 AM

I just bought this '03 WR450 a month ago, so I'm new to the tuning steps. Once my bike is fully warmed up, when the throttle is revved, the rpms remain high for a couple seconds before dropping back to idle. It does this in gear while moving as well as in neutral on the stand. It seems to hang on longer than normal. I've also noticed that the rpms sometimes fluctuate (increase) at idle for seemingly no reason. Any ideas? :)

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • V968231

Posted March 19, 2004 - 05:13 AM

I have the exact same problem. Any feedback would be apreciated. :)

• MN_Kevin

Posted March 19, 2004 - 05:18 AM

bike is running lean.

You can turn your fuel screw OUT to richen up. Start at one half additional turn out.

You can also try lowering the clip (effectively raising the needle) to richen up your mid range.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.