- - - - -

450 FX LIGHTING KIT

• Please sign in to reply

7 replies to this topic
  • motocrotts

TT Silver Member

584 posts

Posted September 17, 2016 - 09:19 AM

I love my 450 FX, it has a great motor and fantastic suspension.  All it's needing is a slightly larger gas tank and lighting capabilities to be a great dual sport bike too.  As far as lighting kits go I didn't want to connect directly to the battery or have to purchase a WR wiring harness.  Welcome "XC Lighting" and TT member Nick450X.  Nick has manufactured a complete wiring harness complete with LED tail light, front and rear brake lights, horn and speedo.  His harness is super trick and his instructions are complete and accurate.  Total installation time was about 1 hour.  I can't show you where Nicks connections are as that is proprietary but nothing is connected to the battery. It is obvious that Nick has spent a great deal of time making this harness as all plugs are correct and it is truly a plug and play.  All you need to purchase seperately is the WR headlight and everything simply plugs in.  The speedo looks like a KTM unit and works flawlessly, it's sensor is located on the rear wheel.  If you're a top fuel dragster and spin a lot it's accuracy may be altered but for most of its it will be close enough.  Nick explained to me they put the speedo pickup on the rear simply for more protection from getting torn off.  It doesn't have a hr meter in the ODO that I could find but that's ok as the ECU has one.  All is controlled by a super sano switch that I mounted on the left side of the bars.  I didn't use the front brake stop sensor or horn that is included in the kit as I live in AZ and street legal laws are very lax here, however everything is included in the kit.  For up to date pricing contact Nick450X on TT here.  Fantastic guy and fantastic product.  

www.proracing.co.uk. His phone number from the U.S. is 011 44 1788 510300.

Let me know if anyone needs more pictures.

P.S.

The kit also works on the 250FX

Attached Thumbnails

• IMG_0859.JPG
  • IMG_0858.JPG
  • IMG_0857.JPG
  • IMG_0856.JPG
  • IMG_0855.JPG
  • IMG_0852.JPG
  • IMG_0850.JPG
  • IMG_0861.JPG

Edited by motocrotts, September 17, 2016 - 09:44 AM.

• motocrotts

TT Silver Member

584 posts

Posted September 17, 2016 - 12:44 PM

Just found out the odo also has an hour meter. Just had to punch a few more buttons.

• Bass Mechanic

TT Silver Member

700 posts

Posted September 17, 2016 - 05:46 PM

It sounds like a cool kit but honestly I don't really get the point.
First off I have the trail tech voyager for all my speed and gauge related stuff.
And beyond that what is wrong with mounting a switch on the bars like you did for the lights, and install a relay to the ignition relay that connects the lights to the battery when the ignition is on? It would hold the lights on until the relay cuts off after a minute preventing you from draining the battery down and if you didn't want any lights you can turn them off. Brake lights are a piece of cake with hydro switches on both brakes

• motocrotts

TT Silver Member

584 posts

Posted September 17, 2016 - 06:48 PM

The point is the kit is complete and already does exactly what you described without the risks of shorts or finding the correct electronics. It also does not connect to the battery. The main plus is it looks factory and performs as such.

Edited by motocrotts, September 17, 2016 - 06:49 PM.

• KillerHiller

TT Silver Member

780 posts

Posted October 09, 2016 - 05:46 PM

The point is the kit is complete and already does exactly what you described without the risks of shorts or finding the correct electronics. It also does not connect to the battery. The main plus is it looks factory and performs as such.

I didn't see a price on the website. How much? Thanks

• motocrotts

TT Silver Member

584 posts

Posted October 09, 2016 - 06:01 PM

I didn't see a price on the website. How much? Thanks

Contact nickatproracing@aol.com for pricing.

• Monk
23,683 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted October 09, 2016 - 06:07 PM

How is the taillights controlled? Pressure switch?

• Nick450X

TT Bronze Member

134 posts

Posted October 11, 2016 - 03:05 AM

Monk

Yes both front and rear pressure switch.

Related Content

Forums
Photo

Is it worth it? (Cam and High compression piston) by macgi77

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   CRF 150/230 F/L
  • Hot  36 replies
Wiki
WR Camshaft Swap Info - last post by jamesm113

WR Camshaft Swap Info

Articles
  • 0 replies
Forums
Photo

100 hrs on 2014 yz450f, shim valves or replace them? by ttr230rider6

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • Hot  79 replies
Forums
Photo

Megabomb Fitment by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 1 reply
Forums
Photo

yz250x vs 450 4t comparisons (preferably desert riding) needed by JakeNorthrupYZ450F

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   Yamaha 2-Stroke
  • 9 replies

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.