What brand of manual do I need?

9 replies to this topic
  • varnado

Posted March 18, 2004 - 09:02 PM

Is the Clymer the best book or what else do you suggest for good pictures and easy directions?

Thanks.

• RidesRed

Posted March 18, 2004 - 09:14 PM

Do yourself a HUGE favor, and get the factory honda service manual. I did, and it is awesome. Pictures are crystal clear, the instructions make sense, and the whole manual is just top-notch quality...kinda like a Honda motorcycle. You can order them from Honda (the part number is near the back of your owners manual) or you can go to www.helminc.com and then look for them there. Mine was 48 bucks..yeah it sounds like a lot...but when you see, and use, the manual you will see why I like it so much. As a matter of fact, I just used it to install race tech springs in my forks this evening...

• xrbrp

Posted March 18, 2004 - 09:23 PM

Boy did i get it in the shorts. I paid 69 at the dealer and that was after they knocked 6 bucks off because I complained aobut the 75 they wanted. :)

• RidesRed

Posted March 18, 2004 - 09:31 PM

damn! they ripped you off! I got mine direct from helm. Can you take yours back and tellem where to put it????:)

• xrbrp

Posted March 18, 2004 - 09:38 PM

I don't think so. I remember reading some place on this site that what the price was but couldn't remember where it was, the only thing I could remember when I was at the dealer was that Honda was proud of the manual and charged alot for it. Guess I better do more research in the future.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • TimBrp

Posted March 19, 2004 - 02:55 AM

Dang...I paid 89 for mine... :)

• BuddyK

Posted March 19, 2004 - 05:20 AM

I bought a manual on CD off e-bay thinking it was a HONDA CD, it is a scanned in Copy of an original Honda manual.
It works fine & has all the info, but I would'nt have bought it if i'd known it was an illegal copy. I know, I should've known, but I assumed it was a legit resaler to be publicly advertised like that, my bad. I look harder at the fine print now.

• xrbrp

Posted March 19, 2004 - 05:32 AM

thanks for the support Timbrp.

• TimBrp

Posted March 19, 2004 - 05:34 AM

Here's your manual... xr manual

• alisonandmindysdad

Posted March 19, 2004 - 07:15 AM

Go to ronayers.com. The manual for my 86 xr600r is only $32 with about $7 frt. Service Honda was about $36 I think.

Related Content

Forums
Photo

Post Apocalypse, ThumperTalk style! by Justin Pearson

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • Hot  35 replies
Forums
Photo

2015 XR650L Squeaking noise by Crayjay

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • 3 replies
Wiki
Want to add a kickstart to your XR650L?  Here's how - last post by clc3251

Want to add a kickstart to your XR650L? Here's how

Articles
  • 0 replies
Forums
Photo

DirttyPig 2005 Xr650l Prroject! by braapmebb1moretime

• 22 replies
Forums
Photo

XR650L super moto wheels by greggkklee

• Hot  28 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.