Yamaha YZ450F 2017

No reviews available
Be the first to review this

Yamaha YZ450F 2008

Last review by thaoe_thumper
* * * * -

Photo
- - - - -

Is this deal worth it for a 2009 yz450f?

• Please sign in to reply

2 replies to this topic
  • Ride_Flip_Repeat

TT Bronze Member

468 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted September 13, 2016 - 11:13 AM

Hi all,

As you can see from my user, you can get an idea of what I do. Anyway I've got this deal lined up for this 2009 yz450f tonight. The guy got the bike in trade, he obviously does some trading because there are some junk cars in his picture. Anyway, I know that he is wide open to negotiation and I may be able to score the bike for $1300-$1500 once I start to nitpick. I just wanted to get your opinions on what this could be resold for?

The bike does run and he says it runs well (obviously that could mean anything) off the bat though it is going to need tires, new plastics, grips, bearings, sprockets, brakes, valves replaced or shimmed, then probably a new top end. I can do all this myself. Not sure what the suspension is going to be like but it may need some work too. With all that said in done with time and parts and probably having hopefully only around $2200 into it, do you think this is still worth my time for a potential good flip or solid trade once the bike is up to par? I know everything is all about the FIs now but just kinda want to get a feel for the market. Thanks.

Attached Thumbnails

• 00J0J_6T3Z1pYhCuh_600x450.jpg

Edited by Ride_Flip_Repeat, September 13, 2016 - 11:13 AM.

• grayracer513
42,892 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted September 13, 2016 - 12:13 PM

To own?  Maybe

To flip? No. 

The bike is probably worth $3K tops in good shape.  The valves you say you might need are $100 apiece (and there are 5) by themselves, plus $30 a seat to refinish the head, plus rings, gaskets and a timing chain, plus who knows what else.

• Ride_Flip_Repeat

TT Bronze Member

468 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted September 13, 2016 - 12:56 PM

To own?  Maybe

To flip? No. 

The bike is probably worth $3K tops in good shape.  The valves you say you might need are $100 apiece (and there are 5) by themselves, plus $30 a seat to refinish the head, plus rings, gaskets and a timing chain, plus who knows what else.

If it's worth 3k in good shape tops, I could do pretty well. The 2011 I had that was mint sold for $3500 in a week. There is a good market here for 450s and worst case I could resell it for what I paid easy. I sold a blown up 2008 kx450f for $1700.

I don't know if it needs new valves, they may just need to be adjusted. I'm going to look at the bike in an hour. If it's a horror show I'll just walk.

Related Content

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.