01 426 Race Tech Forks - what are they worth? Who wants 'em?

3 replies to this topic
  • GrahamO

Posted March 18, 2004 - 04:51 PM

When my 2001 WR426 burned to a crisp it had a brand new Race Tech suspension job; less than 10 rides. Gold valves, RT springs, RT oil, etc. They did the whole job.

I pulled the forks off and they appear to be in excellent working order. The only visible damage is to the left dust seal, which got a little warm and melted some in one place. However, the forks compress smoothly and do not leak any oil.

My 450 has better suspension than the 426, and I’m not good enough to notice the difference between the 450 and Race Tech, so I’m not going to use them. But I hate to see these go to waste.

What do you think they are worth?
Is anyone interested in them?

• gfergtr74

Posted March 18, 2004 - 07:21 PM

If no one here takes them throw em on Ebay. I bet you get atleast 200-300 for them. Just a thought.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • simon@vic

Posted March 18, 2004 - 08:33 PM

are the triple clamps, master cylinder, rotor, and front wheel OK?

if so, sell the whole front end.

• crf250_rider

Posted March 18, 2004 - 09:01 PM

Holy crap i just saw your bikes pics and read your story all i can say is ''damn that really sucks!'' :)
In the pics you look like you took it pretty well :D

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.