Best Mods for a 04 WR450,,,,,,,any help out there

3 replies to this topic
  • eastcoastguy

Posted March 18, 2004 - 03:47 PM

just bought my new 450, wondering about this grey wire, and any other possible good mod reccomendations
:) :D :D

• WR450F_RDR

Posted March 18, 2004 - 06:02 PM

I suggest JD jetting and after market exhaust as the top ones I did to my 03.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Treebark

Posted March 24, 2004 - 07:11 AM

I would suggest uncorking the exhaust, cut off the idlestop screw, disconnecting the grey wire for starters, and remove the snorkel from the top of air box and cutout holes on right side of air box. That's it for Free mods then comes spending money. These mods unleash a great deal of power.

• JVP

Posted March 24, 2004 - 08:21 AM

After the free mods. Think about suspension. After suspension you can go in several directions depending on your riding. If it is high speed, think about a steering dampener. If it is low speed, think about protection,low end jetting/gearing and a Power Now. I ride in multiple terrains so I do everything. :)

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.