hot cam or yz cam?

5 replies to this topic
  • jc777

Posted March 18, 2004 - 03:14 PM

I am looking for more power in my new 04' wr450f and i was wondering which would give more performance the hotcam or yz450?

• MN_Kevin

Posted March 18, 2004 - 03:27 PM

if you have done all the gimme mods (airbox, throttle, exhaust), I would think (whichever is cheaper) would be fine.

You will get a more radical performance curve w/ the YZF vs. WRF cam. You WILL need to rejet to take advantage of it though.

Use JD's jet kit for optimum performance.

• Guest_Guest_*

Posted March 18, 2004 - 03:37 PM

Do the free mod's first then rejet as said before. If you still need more top end power go for the yz cam. :) Rejetting the bike will gain more power than the cam change

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Disco

Posted March 18, 2004 - 04:05 PM

Rejet eh? I have the YZ450 cam and I also have the JD Jetting kit. Here is my question: since I bought and installed the JD kit for my WR, what changes do I need to make if I now have the '04 YZ450 cam?

Please be specific on needle color and settings, and the main jet sizing. I'm in high altitude Colorado.

Thanks! :)

DD

• Indy_WR450

Posted March 18, 2004 - 05:23 PM

For Rampart I would put in a 160 main JD red #4 for 45 - 70 degrees. 155 main and JD red #3 for 70 + weather. I ride in Colorado a lot. :)

• jc777

Posted March 19, 2004 - 02:29 PM

so does the cam and jetting make alot of difference?is it worth the time and money?

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.